Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:58 AM   #1
LexieMSU08
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Lansing
Retrieve VERY old voicemails from backups?

Hi!

I have retrieved my voicemails from my iphone's most recent backup, with the voicemails going back at least 6 months. My father passed away and he had left some good ones, so I wanted to save them to my computer.

I was wondering if all iphone backups save voicemails as well? So I could go back and download voicemails from 2 years ago (when I first got an iphone)?

I do know where the backups are located, I just don't know if voicemails are saved too, and then which program to use.

Thanks!
LexieMSU08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 01:39 PM   #2
mikeydeezy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN, USA
Sorry I don't have a solution to your problem currently.

BUT you should consider letting Google Voice handle your VMs in the future. You can download them as MP3s and they are stored in the cloud.


Best of luck and sorry for your loss.
__________________
Ordered: T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus Gold 128GB
Date: 11/14/2014 @ 4PM
Shipped on: 11/17/2014
mikeydeezy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexieMSU08 View Post
Hi!

I have retrieved my voicemails from my iphone's most recent backup, with the voicemails going back at least 6 months. My father passed away and he had left some good ones, so I wanted to save them to my computer.

I was wondering if all iphone backups save voicemails as well? So I could go back and download voicemails from 2 years ago (when I first got an iphone)?

I do know where the backups are located, I just don't know if voicemails are saved too, and then which program to use.

Thanks!
I'm actually pretty sure that's on your carrier's side, I'd suggest calling them and asking. Sorry for your loss.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 03:39 PM   #4
iphone46
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexieMSU08 View Post
Hi!

I have retrieved my voicemails from my iphone's most recent backup, with the voicemails going back at least 6 months. My father passed away and he had left some good ones, so I wanted to save them to my computer.

I was wondering if all iphone backups save voicemails as well? So I could go back and download voicemails from 2 years ago (when I first got an iphone)?

I do know where the backups are located, I just don't know if voicemails are saved too, and then which program to use.

Thanks!
I can tell you they are saved! download an app that let's you open prior iphone backups. Backup explorer is one that I know.
iphone46 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:36 AM   #5
LexieMSU08
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Lansing
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone46 View Post
I can tell you they are saved! download an app that let's you open prior iphone backups. Backup explorer is one that I know.
AH!! That is so exciting! Thank you for the confirmation of what I was hoping to be true!

So pumped!
LexieMSU08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:46 AM   #6
lelisa13p
macrumors 68000
 
lelisa13p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Please post your results in case someone else comes along with the same request.

Sorry for your loss & I understand. My father passed away on today's date in 1994. My mom saved the answering machine tape that my Dad had recorded.
__________________
Experience is what you get when you thought you were getting something else.
lelisa13p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:34 AM   #7
takeshi74
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
VM isn't stored on the device itself. From what I've managed to run across it seems like it possible to restore recent VM if your carrier supports visual VM.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:10 PM   #8
iphone46
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi74 View Post
VM isn't stored on the device itself. From what I've managed to run across it seems like it possible to restore recent VM if your carrier supports visual VM.
This is not true. After purchasing my iphone 5 I restored to a backup from 2 months prior even my deleted messages were there after restoring from backup(they weren't there in the store where the lady set it as a new iPhone)
iphone46 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Receiving late voicemails! Mazy88 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Mar 2, 2014 11:52 PM
Saving Voicemails alpha1phi Mac Basics and Help 5 Oct 14, 2013 12:12 AM
Voicemails not restored hansonjohn590 iOS 7 0 Sep 24, 2013 04:14 PM
How to retrieve files (not backups) from old 1st gen timecapsule? Gypsycowgurl Mac Peripherals 0 Nov 15, 2012 02:21 PM
Anyway to recover some voicemails? acarney iPhone 0 Sep 19, 2012 10:53 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC