Views:	51
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	415553  
hexonxonx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 01:29 PM   #2
siurpeeman
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to siurpeeman
you can return it and get a verizon model.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 01:31 PM   #3
hexonxonx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by siurpeeman View Post
you can return it and get a verizon model.
Verizon in my area was just as bad. This is why I broke both AT&T and Verizon contracts in January to move to T-Mobile.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 01:34 PM   #4
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
I get that it sucks but couldn't you have just looked at LTE coverage maps for pretty much any carrier before buying? Or at least went to an Apple Store near your location and run Speedtest? I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just wondering if those two options were available to you before you bought this.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 01:41 PM   #5
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

Where are you in Denver? I was just there this past weekend and had a great experience on my AT&T iP5 with LTE. I was streaming spotify on LTE in the NW and along the airport corridor of I-70
mpayne2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 01:44 PM   #6
hexonxonx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard2008 View Post
I get that it sucks but couldn't you have just looked at LTE coverage maps for pretty much any carrier before buying? Or at least went to an Apple Store near your location and run Speedtest? I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just wondering if those two options were available to you before you bought this.
I bought this 32GB iPad as an open box at Micro center so it was close to $100 off. I'm keeping it. At my house, I have always had bad coverage so it will likely be better when I am away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpayne2k View Post
Where are you in Denver? I was just there this past weekend and had a great experience on my AT&T iP5 with LTE. I was streaming spotify on LTE in the NW and along the airport corridor of I-70
I'm near Boulder Turnpike and Pecos.

I have a Nexus 7 using T-Mobile that I can always use for super fast internet at my house.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 03:26 PM   #7
roland.g
macrumors 603

I live in Denver but in central Denver and work near downtown. I have AT&T on my iPhone 5 with LTE and get great signal. But I am getting a Verizon Mini this weekend because:

1) Verizon has better priced data (I am grandfathered unlimited on my iPhone and don't want shared),
2) Verizon offers hotspot on all data plans (AT&T only offers it on their highest iPad plan), and
3) Verizon from what I have heard has much better and more extensive LTE coverage in the mountain corridor and throughout the ski towns.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 03:30 PM   #8
hexonxonx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland.g View Post
I live in Denver but in central Denver and work near downtown. I have AT&T on my iPhone 5 with LTE and get great signal. But I am getting a Verizon Mini this weekend because:

1) Verizon has better priced data (I am grandfathered unlimited on my iPhone and don't want shared),
2) Verizon offers hotspot on all data plans (AT&T only offers it on their highest iPad plan), and
3) Verizon from what I have heard has much better and more extensive LTE coverage in the mountain corridor and throughout the ski towns.
I considered Verizon but for me, I would have had to settle for 2GB data since they don't offer 3GB.

On my Nexus 7, I frequently used 3GB average on T-Mobile so AT&T made sense to me. I'll be heading to work later and be able to do some driving to see how well this works on LTE in my area. I've spent 6 years with AT&T knowing I had very little data in my immediate one block area. It's like I live in a dead zone and Verizon was the same way here.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 05:44 PM   #9
roland.g
macrumors 603

I used to work within a stones throw from Coors Field and everytime there was a day game my data connection slowed to a crawl and my dropped calls shot up.

I personally don't know how much data I expect to use on my Mini but with AT&T offering 250 MB for $15 or 3 GB for $30 and Verizon offering 1 GB for $20 and 2 GB for $30 as well as the option to hotspot on either, Verizon makes more sense. The 5GB plans are the same, but I don't like that AT&T forces you to either get that or go MobileShare to get hotspot functionality.

That and the mountain access. But I do see your dilemma.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:33 PM   #10
hexonxonx
Banned

This is just sad. Within a 5 mile area, I managed to get LTE once or twice and was able to get a screen cap of a speed test just once before it switched back ti 4G. I had to finally turn off LTE so I could get normal speeds of about 5-7Mbps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-5.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	415727  

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad