Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 6, 2013, 06:58 PM   #1
myjellyass
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to myjellyass
Hints at an updated passbook?

So I've been wondering if we can look forward to an update to passbook in iOS 7 next week. Specifically, I have never seen a single app which I use receiving passbook support since it debuted, yet in the last week British Airways, Subway and Apple's iTunes Festival App all received updates adding passbook functionality.

Maybe it's just coincidence that these are the first apps I have to receive the update and I'm reading too much into it, but it seems strange that all of these arrive so close to WWDC.
myjellyass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 07:39 PM   #2
randomdude
macrumors regular

I think you're definitely reading way too much into it. For starters, I doubt Apple would go to Subway and ask them to support Passbook now instead of closer to when Passbook got released. Also, Apple would obviously have added Passbook support for iTunes Festival as it uses tickets. It would be like Apple telling Apple we don't want to use your service, and that would probably also send a message to other companies if Apple didn't utilise it's own services. I suppose Apple could have asked BA, but again, they would have probably done it closer to the release of Passbook then now, as that would have helped with marketing, especially for UK.

They might be the first Apps you use to receive Passbook support, but not the first in UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjellyass View Post
So I've been wondering if we can look forward to an update to passbook in iOS 7 next week. Specifically, I have never seen a single app which I use receiving passbook support since it debuted, yet in the last week British Airways, Subway and Apple's iTunes Festival App all received updates adding passbook functionality.

Maybe it's just coincidence that these are the first apps I have to receive the update and I'm reading too much into it, but it seems strange that all of these arrive so close to WWDC.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7