Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
I have liked an item on ebay. The seller has mentioned very clearly that He will only accept Credit Cards which has a U.S Billing address and he will only ship it within U.S

I am Outside the U.S But I have a International Credit Card valid for all International Purchases and Payments. Here's what I am planning to do. I have a Friend in the U.S while on checkout on ebay at the time of paying the seller. I will enter a U.S shipping address asking the seller to ship the item to my friend's U.S Address and at the same time enter the Credit Card details of my Card which has non-U.S Billing address.

Will my payment go thorugh on ebay ? is my question ?

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
It would be better to ask the seller if he can agree with this way of paying/shipping before placing a bid.

Why does the seller needs to be informed of this, He is concerned with his payment. And Once my payment goes thorugh on ebay, first, the seller should not get bothered whether it is a U.S Billing Credit Card or any other and second, he will not be able to find which Credit Card is it U.S or whatever. He is concerned with the Payment, which he will anyways get it. So whats the Fuss. isn't it a smart work around to the problem :D

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
If the seller says only U.S. CC and only ship to U.S. it is his choice. Trying to get around it is not going to work.

Perhaps the seller is concerned about fraud from CC from outside the U.S. Whether this is a valid concern or not doesn't matter - it is still his choice.

And most credit card companies get really concerned if you try to ship something to other than your registered billing address.

From the point of view of the seller, you would sound like a scammer.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Big-ticket item sellers will also usually specify that the shipping address needs to be verified on your PayPal account. I'm not sure of that process but almost certainly changing the address at the time of order will cause it to not be a verified address.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have liked an item on ebay. The seller has mentioned very clearly that He will only accept Credit Cards which has a U.S Billing address and he will only ship it within U.S

I am Outside the U.S But I have a International Credit Card valid for all International Purchases and Payments. Here's what I am planning to do. I have a Friend in the U.S while on checkout on ebay at the time of paying the seller. I will enter a U.S shipping address asking the seller to ship the item to my friend's U.S Address and at the same time enter the Credit Card details of my Card which has non-U.S Billing address.

Will my payment go thorugh on ebay ? is my question ?

No your payment will not go through. You will need to contact the seller before trying to purchase the item from them. If the seller has their listing set to only accept US credit cards, when you go to checkout and pay for the item, checkout will not accept your card.

This prevents exactly what you are trying to do. I have sold on Ebay for over 13 years, so I am speaking from experience. Most sellers will come to an agreement with you as long as they are aware of your plans.

Just remember there are some sellers that will just say no to you as well. Those sellers generally do not want the hassle of dealing outside their country of origin. Contact the seller! Worst thing can happen is they say no. Which just means you will have to purchase elsewhere.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
No your payment will not go through. You will need to contact the seller before trying to purchase the item from them. If the seller has their listing set to only accept US credit cards, when you go to checkout and pay for the item, checkout will not accept your card.

This prevents exactly what you are trying to do. I have sold on Ebay for over 13 years, so I am speaking from experience. Most sellers will come to an agreement with you as long as they are aware of your plans.

Just remember there are some sellers that will just say no to you as well. Those sellers generally do not want the hassle of dealing outside their country of origin. Contact the seller! Worst thing can happen is they say no. Which just means you will have to purchase elsewhere.

I have already contacted ebay and also got a Paypal Rep on conference call with ebay and he has double checked and confirmed yep ! I can pay as a Paypal guest and my payment will go through !

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have already contacted ebay and also got a Paypal Rep on conference call with ebay and he has double checked and confirmed yep ! I can pay as a Paypal guest and my payment will go through !

Awesome. You have made things easier for both you and the seller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.