Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Hi everyone,

I recently started listening to my Audiobooks in my car...and i've run into a little issue.

Randomly, my Music app will restart the track to 0 (the beginning). I then have to remember where I was and try to find it. Sometimes it will save my position though. It was fine in the beginning but now 16+ hours into my book it becomes a real problem. I don't want to have to guess where I was all the time!

Does anyone know what circumstances the iPhone's Music app will reset a track to the beginning and when it doesn't? I can't find a connection!

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Hi everyone,

I recently started listening to my Audiobooks in my car...and i've run into a little issue.

Randomly, my Music app will restart the track to 0 (the beginning). I then have to remember where I was and try to find it. Sometimes it will save my position though. It was fine in the beginning but now 16+ hours into my book it becomes a real problem. I don't want to have to guess where I was all the time!

Does anyone know what circumstances the iPhone's Music app will reset a track to the beginning and when it doesn't? I can't find a connection!

Over 1,000 views and not one person has the answer? :(:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.