Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ragz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
I have this iphone 5 which doesn't record sound when recording from the rear camera. However it records when the front facing camera is recording video. I have noticed that a lot of people have faced this problem but haven't read anywhere of a resolution to this problem. Is there a fix? I have done a full factory reset with latest firmware

Thanks in advance.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i havent seen this issue, nor do i have it myself. i suggest taking it to apple to see if they will replace it under warranty. sounds like its a hardware issue.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
If you did a full factory restore (not restore from backup) then there's a hardware issue. If your iPhone is under warranty make an appointment at your local Apple store or give AppleCare a call so that you can get your iPhone replaced.

ragz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
ok, thanks for the replies. I am getting it replaced.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
ok, thanks for the replies. I am getting it replaced.

Only other thing I can think of is something may be blocking the mic. Dust, dirt, your protective case or possibly the protective film for the screen.

iRyanPro

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2013
I had recorded video on my iPhone 5s and when I listened to it later there was no sound to the video. Thankfully after I turned the bluetooth off and on again in the slide up settings menu everything worked fine and the sound played normally.

hopkl1

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2014
Hi there, I've just realised I have the exact same problem. I can get sound on front facing but not on the other side when recording video. Did they say what the problem was before replacing it? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.