Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 7, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1
ragz
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 video recording with no sound

I have this iphone 5 which doesn't record sound when recording from the rear camera. However it records when the front facing camera is recording video. I have noticed that a lot of people have faced this problem but haven't read anywhere of a resolution to this problem. Is there a fix? I have done a full factory reset with latest firmware

Thanks in advance.
ragz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 09:01 PM   #2
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

i havent seen this issue, nor do i have it myself. i suggest taking it to apple to see if they will replace it under warranty. sounds like its a hardware issue.
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 04:45 AM   #3
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a

If you did a full factory restore (not restore from backup) then there's a hardware issue. If your iPhone is under warranty make an appointment at your local Apple store or give AppleCare a call so that you can get your iPhone replaced.
MrMacMack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:23 AM   #4
ragz
macrumors newbie

ok, thanks for the replies. I am getting it replaced.
ragz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:25 AM   #5
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragz View Post
ok, thanks for the replies. I am getting it replaced.
Only other thing I can think of is something may be blocking the mic. Dust, dirt, your protective case or possibly the protective film for the screen.
MrMacMack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 05:22 PM   #6
iRyanPro
macrumors newbie

I had recorded video on my iPhone 5s and when I listened to it later there was no sound to the video. Thankfully after I turned the bluetooth off and on again in the slide up settings menu everything worked fine and the sound played normally.
iRyanPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting