Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Princess C.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I had my iPhone 4S for about two years now and it has frozen before, but this time it's completely out of whack.

Last night I turn off my phone to save battery. Today I turned it back on and it's completely frozen! Usually when my phone freezes I do a soft reset, but I did it and it STILL didn't work :(

I can't turn the phone on normally, I have to press the home key and wake up key to boot up. Then it gets stuck on the enter passcode screen, won't let me press anything and then turns itself off :(

I tried connecting it to iTunes and it said "iTunes cannot connect to this iPhone. The service did not start properly on the device".

I don't know what else to do, none of the common basic fixes seems to be working. Is there anything I'm not doing?

macmac13

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2013
If you can, do a DFU restore. If you haven't backed up lately (which you should) you can try doing a hard reset (power and home for 10 seconds).

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
im a little late to this thread but i was gonna suggest a DFU restore as well. i had the same thing happen to my ipod last year, the not able to connect issue, and the DFU restore fixed it as well.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Glad this fixed things for you and equally happy to hear you've been backing up. That part is very important as I am sure you know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.