Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derjusty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Hi and thanks in advance for your help with this!

I have an iPhone 4 running evasi0n jailbreak 6.1. It's been running without any problems for months, but the other day I came across a strange issue:

Starting the phone up, everything works normally. I have Lockinfo installed and I can clear notifications, open apps from notifications, swipe to unlock, etc.

Upon unlocking, everything works normally as well, with the screen being fully responsive for all uses. If I push the home button, however, the screen dims slightly and becomes totally unresponsive to touch. The phone is not frozen though. From this point I can still drag down the notification center, hold the power button down and slide to shut off. I can still lock the phone and slide to unlock as usual, or even open the app switcher and choose a different app. Even though choosing another app will open it, the screen stays unresponsive throughout all apps and the homescreen.

My only options at this point if I want to use another app are to respring or restart, and then open it. If at any point the home button (or virtual home button through accessibility) are pushed, the screen dims/becomes unresponsive again and another respring is needed.

Whats especially strange is that while the main screen dims when the problem happens, the lock screen remains bright and fully functional, and even the app switcher. Its almost as if one of the tweaks I have installed for whatever reason is putting the phone into a half sleep state when going "home". I don't believe I installed any new tweaks or made any changes when it started happening though.

Some tweaks I'm running:
Lockinfo 5
Activator
Winterboard
NC Settings

Thanks so much for your time! I really appreciate any advice for a fix!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Have you tried booting up in safe mode to see if the problem persists with all MS addons disabled? I'd start there to learn some more information regarding your problem. If all is fine in safe mode then you'll know its a tweak installed that's causing the problem. If this is how it plays out, you can disable all your MS addons with sbsettings or iCleaner and turn them on one by one until you find the culprit (or conflicting tweaks). Hope this helps.

derjusty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for your reply! I did notice that the problem did not persist in safe mode, but I completely forgot that it was so easy to toggle addons off in SB settings. Time to start slowly going through and testing. Not sure what it could be because I didn't install any new ones recently but hopefully one of them turns out to be the trigger for it. Thanks! I will reply with the culprit, or if I come to a standstill!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Thanks for your reply! I did notice that the problem did not persist in safe mode, but I completely forgot that it was so easy to toggle addons off in SB settings. Time to start slowly going through and testing. Not sure what it could be because I didn't install any new ones recently but hopefully one of them turns out to be the trigger for it. Thanks! I will reply with the culprit, or if I come to a standstill!

Lol awesome. Keep us posted!

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

Easiest is turn them all off and then on in batches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.