Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocco83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
I have a Mac Mini and a Razer Anansi keyboard. It does not even give me the option to use F keys as standard F keys in the keyboard options under System Preferences. When i turn bluetooth on and power up my wireless Mac keyboard the option pops up right away, but only works for my wireless keyboard.

While the F keys I have bound such as the Play/Pause button works whether or not I am in a game such as Guild Wars 2, none of the other F keys work. If I use the FN key I can use my F keys in game, but that is the only way. Not to mention that I can't use any of the extra M keys, or T keys on the Anansi. It is the Mac version, but they do nothing more than look pretty and that I find unacceptable as well.

Anyone have any ideas why I can't use my F keys as standard keys with a wired gaming keyboard on my Mac Mini? It worked flawlessly with my iMac. I downloaded and am using the same drivers with the same operating system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.