Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefiend95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Please tell me why in the world would apple want to reinvent the watch. honestly, a tradiotanl watch is better than to have a piece of technology wrapped around your wrist. who comes up with these ideas?

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Please tell me why in the world would apple want to reinvent the watch. honestly, a tradiotanl watch is better than to have a piece of technology wrapped around your wrist. who comes up with these ideas?

Please tell me why google wants to reinvent glasses, traditional glasses are better than a piece of technology over your eyes. Who comes up w......................

Come on guy , really?

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2010
I don't wear wristwatches.. but when I do, it will be an iWatch.

I have long been waiting for an Apple iWatch, with the gorgeous chamfer and aluminium casing and OLED. Can't wait to carry iOS on my wrist! :eek:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

Oooohh, you said a bad thing. :eek:

You implied that more technology festooned about our bodies might not be a great idea.

You actually suggested that technology for technology sake might not be a good idea.

You had the temerity to suggest that just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should do it.

And worst of all...you said an actual watch might be preferable to a piece of technology that can run a nuclear plant.

You're a bad person, and are you gonna get it!

Thank you!...Thank you!... Thank you!

applefiend95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Please tell me why google wants to reinvent glasses, traditional glasses are better than a piece of technology over your eyes. Who comes up w......................

Come on guy , really?

umm its one thing to have a piece of technology assisting you with your day-to-day activities but a watch? so you are really about having your watch do your stuff - a bit like spy movie stuff..... i just don't see how it is at all practical. please enlighten us. i would rather wear a traditional watch with a big dial because that's what watches are for. glasses are something different - because glasses give you a hands free experience whereas an iWatch requires you to still use your hands a lot.................

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
umm its one thing to have a piece of technology assisting you with your day-to-day activities but a watch? so you are really about having your watch do your stuff - a bit like spy movie stuff..... i just don't see how it is at all practical. please enlighten us. i would rather wear a traditional watch with a big dial because that's what watches are for. glasses are something different - because glasses give you a hands free experience whereas an iWatch requires you to still use your hands a lot.................

1. An interface to the iPhone so I don't have to keep getting the iPhone out of my pocket, bag, jacket etc.
2. Use siri to control my iPhone and have the results shown on my watch
3. Tell the time without getting the iPhone out
4. Maybe video calls via watch (Dick Tracy anyone? lol)
5. Heatbeat and activity monitor
6. Stand alone small MP3 player while out jogging etc

I could go on, but there are literally hundreds of uses that wearable technology can be used for that the iPhone is less practical to do.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Oooohh, you said a bad thing. :eek:

You implied that more technology festooned about our bodies might not be a great idea.

You actually suggested that technology for technology sake might not be a good idea.

You had the temerity to suggest that just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should do it.

And worst of all...you said an actual watch might be preferable to a piece of technology that can run a nuclear plant.

You're a bad person, and are you gonna get it!

Thank you!...Thank you!... Thank you!

I agree and thank you for adding you polite way of words to it.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161

Because people tend to have one watch and keep it for many years. That's clearly unacceptable ! They should buy a new one every year, and feel bad if they don't !

In other words: because there's money to be made in that market.

applefiend95

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
1. An interface to the iPhone so I don't have to keep getting the iPhone out of my pocket, bag, jacket etc.
2. Use siri to control my iPhone and have the results shown on my watch
3. Tell the time without getting the iPhone out
4. Maybe video calls via watch (Dick Tracy anyone? lol)
5. Heatbeat and activity monitor
6. Stand alone small MP3 player while out jogging etc

I could go on, but there are literally hundreds of uses that wearable technology can be used for that the iPhone is less practical to do.

1. what would an interface to the iPhone do? are you planning on using a device to control another device? suppose the iWatch costs 179.99, why would i pay 180 bucks for a device to control another device? do you see why it doesn't make sense? all it takes is 3 seconds for you to take out your phone.

2. if you are going to be using siri with you iphone tucked away, i'm assuming you will be using some sort of a headset (you obviously will be using a headset). so why do you need the results displayed on another screen? siri reads it out loud to you anyways. are you getting it?

3. i used to wear watches. but then iPhone came along. now i no longer wear them. my wrists feel a lot lighter and that one or two seconds it takes to take out my iPhone does not bother me. maybe it bothers you but i go back to what i said earlier, why am i going to pay money for something that i can do/get for free (assuming that everyone reading this has a phone which they do).

4. this is the 21st century, and you not James Bond. grow up.

5. tons of other wearable devices for this purpose. tell me, do you use a heart monitor everyday? if not then why buy the iWatch (assuming that the iWatch monitors your heart rate - which you assumed in your quote).

6. iPod shuffle, nuff said.

you said the list goes on, please keep them coming, and i will gladly prove them wrong. i would rather wear wearable technology during specific occasions but i will not support iWatch - sounds tacky. people who transforms their iPod Nano touch into a watch are simply out of their minds........

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan

Ever hear of the Borg? Or Geordie from Star Trek? It's still sci fi stuff regardless of wrist or eyes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.