Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 9, 2013, 08:51 PM   #1
cjpistonsfan
macrumors newbie

What is this program and how do I get rid of it?

In the last week or so I noticed this box on my desktop. I can click on it and hold to drag it around, when I hover the mouse over the colored boxes the mouse cursor turns into a hyperlink hand icon, but clicking does nothing. When I hover the mouse over the triangle icon in the corner the mouse cursor turns into a four-directional arrow icon but also doesn't do anything. I can't resize it, when I click on it the the program name at the top left of the screen doesn't change, and I can't get rid of it. It stays visible on top of other programs. Right-clicking or Ctrl-clicking on it does nothing. I've rebooted and it comes right back. I've killed all open programs in the dock and it doesn't go away. I haven't downloaded anything recently that I can remember. I've tried looking through the Activity Monitor "My Processes" list but can't find anything that would seem to be it.

Help! I throw myself on the mercy of the court!
cjpistonsfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 08:54 PM   #2
portishead
Banned

Check your startup items in your user System Prefs user account. Or in your user Library folder.

It should show up in Activity Monitor if you select "All Processes". You might not know which one it is, but its certainly in there.
portishead is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help