Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 9, 2013, 10:09 PM   #1
blasto2236
macrumors 6502

Why the delay for Season Pass episodes in iTunes?

Does anyone know why new episodes of shows bought as a "Season Pass" don't show up until 3 or 4 am? Is it a licensing deal with the studios/networks, or just how long it takes to be delivered through various servers?

It's a shame, because for all the talk of iTV or whatnot, I think this is a great existing solution. Last summer, I bought season passes for Mad Men, Louie, and Breaking Bad. I spent as much or less as I would have on a month of cable, and watched all of my favorite shows airing at the time.

It's just a shame that I still end up pirating new episodes if I'm eager to watch them that night, because Apple takes forever to push them out through iTunes. It seems like it should be possible to make them available as soon as they air, just like HBO does on HBOGo.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasto2236 View Post
Does anyone know why new episodes of shows bought as a "Season Pass" don't show up until 3 or 4 am? Is it a licensing deal with the studios/networks, or just how long it takes to be delivered through various servers?
It's yo give you the opportunity to watch it live with the associated commercials if you really want to see it the same day.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store