Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
Link.

If that is true, looks like Samsung is reverting to angular designs much like the S II (which I still think looks sexy and sleek). Also Snapdragon 800 and 5.99 in 1080p display.

Also, why are photos of device leaks so blurry? I thought we have advanced far enough in terms of mobile phone cameras.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I prefer the look of the S4 and hope Samsung goes that route with the Note III. And with the way they were able to increase the screen size of the S4. I can see a 6" Note III without increasing the overall size that much.

LorPGDL

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2011
this will not fit in a mans pants pocket- my original note was almost too big for my standard size jeans, this will be at least 1.5 cm taller.

therefore ppl who dont wear suit jackets are not the target group anymore. stupid move on samsungs part.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I actually like the look of that tbh, but it's hard to grasp a concept of its actual size, and I'm skeptical Samsung would change design ethos so much for the Note 3 when all their current handsets are following the S4 footprint.

I don't suppose there will ever be a google edition of the note 3 ? I assume the S-Pen features wouldn't work without Touchwiz (unless Samsung released s-pen features in the play store as standalone apps)...

Actually looking at it more - it looks to me more LG in design than samsung and it doesn't take a great deal of detective work..

This is the docomo LG Optimus G Pro

lg-optimus-g-pro-1358828027.jpg

This is the phone in the article

gsmarena_001.jpg

Stick a green sticker over docomo and there is your answer.

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
this will not fit in a mans pants pocket- my original note was almost too big for my standard size jeans, this will be at least 1.5 cm taller.

therefore ppl who dont wear suit jackets are not the target group anymore. stupid move on samsungs part.

Surprisingly the note 2 did fit in my pockets, although still big. If they keep the same dimensions as the note 2, but actually shrink the bezel they could get a bigger screen.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I actually like the look of that tbh, but it's hard to grasp a concept of its actual size, and I'm skeptical Samsung would change design ethos so much for the Note 3 when all their current handsets are following the S4 footprint.

I don't suppose there will ever be a google edition of the note 3 ? I assume the S-Pen features wouldn't work without Touchwiz (unless Samsung released s-pen features in the play store as standalone apps)...

Actually looking at it more - it looks to me more LG in design than samsung and it doesn't take a great deal of detective work..

This is the docomo LG Optimus G Pro

This is the phone in the article

Stick a green sticker over docomo and there is your answer.

Good points, but if you look at the soft keys on the LG OG Pro and the ones on the leaked pictures, you'll notice they're reversed. LG always has their back key on the left and menu key on the right...and Samsung is just the opposite.

Conclusion...this isn't the LG OG Pro.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Good points, but if you look at the soft keys on the LG OG Pro and the ones on the leaked pictures, you'll notice they're reversed. LG always has their back key on the left and menu key on the right...and Samsung is just the opposite.

Conclusion...this isn't the LG OG Pro.

True, unless someone is trying to pass off an Optimus G Pro as a Note 3 and has basic photoshopping skills ....... ;) end result is great traffic surge through your website.

It's too much like the Optimus G Pro otherwise to be a samsung design..

gsmarena_003.jpg gsmarena_001.jpg

3 seconds later on photoshop and its back to being a Docomo Optimus G Pro.

Last edited:

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
I would love it if Samsung would go the ASUS way and offer an optional "tablet mode" device for the galaxy S series. The screen of the S3 and S4 are big enough for me to consider as the limit, yet they are small enough that i am sure i won't enjoy media and reading for even 30 mins. A 7 inch "pad" for the galaxy phone would be nice, like the 10 inch one for the ASUS padfone.

Also allow me to plug in headphones to receive calls on the pad itself when the phone is plugged in, call problem solved for the tablet sessions.

If more and more OEMs go the ASUS way i would not consider buying a tablet at all then. I just want a single device that is very portable for my mobile specific needs but transforms into a bigger one if i need to.

THAT will be the next real innovation that will truly interest me. All the current phone progressions are starting to sound boring to me. Heck i am not even that interested in WWDC/android phone and OS announcements/WP and the rest, unless a "hybrid" device is announced. Smartphones are now feeling like those candy bar phones of 2001 to me lol.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Its going to come between this and then HTC t6 this fall for my next phone. While I much prefer the HTC design, skin, and LCD screen, if the Note 3 is physically smaller with the same specs as the HTC, I think I would get that.

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
thank god they are bringing back the galaxy s2 design, the current design language is boring, i hope that the final model of galaxy note 3 looks just like this, it's awesome.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011

The original note had horrible dimensions, you will find the note 3 will be thinner than the original note. I have the note 2 and I havent found pants that it doesnt fit into. But in saying that I dont want the next note any bigger, why cant they keep it at 5.55" and if the bezels get smaller then fine. Anyone that wants bigger can get a Galaxy Mega

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
new leak said:
However, this time the alleged Samsung Galaxy Note 3 prototype is shown next to two other devices: an old Nokia handset (a blast from the past huh?) and another Samsung device (most likely another prototype in a fake shell). And boy does it look big or what?

But if it is most likely next to another prototype in a fake shell, why would this shell be any less fake / prototype ?

Also I thought Samsung was rumoured to be going metal, therefore one would think it would look more like the S4 Active than this but only time will tell......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.