Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:37 AM   #1
mac'n'nz
macrumors newbie

Renaming iTunes Movies Freezes iTunes for 5 mins

Hey all.

There are a few threads with no solution to this, and yes I have googled

I have a large movie (300+ movies) stored on external drive (FW800 connected) that contains my iTunes library. It is consolidated all onto it.

When I add a movie to itunes and try and rename it, it freezes when I push enter. It does the same thing when I go "Get Info" , edit the title, and click ok.

I get the spinning beach ball, and iTunes becomes unsresponsive for around 5 mins.

They are 1080p sized movies, but my iMac is a freshly formatted 2011 21" so it should be more than adept at changing a file name.

This is so frustrating, does anyone know of anything to fix it?

THANKS

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Tags
itunes, mac, renaming, slow, songs