Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:04 AM   #1
wedelgaard
macrumors member

New portfolio, your thoughts :)

Hi all,

I got a bit tired of my old portfolio, and decided to make a new responsive one.

Let me hear what you think of it. Constructive criticism is very welcome

http://wedelgaard.dk

Improvements that still needs to be done:
  • Support for old browsers, not supporting pseudo classes.
  • HTML5 pushState integration.
  • Other?

wedelgaard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:56 AM   #2
chaos86
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to chaos86
Clean and simple. Lose "ready for work." Ready for work sounds like you aren't getting any work right now, which begs the question why aren't you getting any work right now?

----------

Oh, and may I suggest leaving the image's at full opacity until you mouse over one, and then dimming the others? That way the work is at full eye-catchiness all the time.
chaos86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:59 AM   #3
chaos86
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to chaos86
Oh, and let that type breathe!

Much more readable right?
Attached Images

chaos86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4
gwailo
macrumors newbie

God dag min fine ven.

First of all let me say your portfolio looks great! I have some constructive criticism regarding the text, if you don't mind.

In the Personal section of your Skills page, 'punctiliously' should read 'punctilious' - there is some irony to be appreciated there

I would consider rewriting the whole Personal section, actually... some people prefer to steer clear of ambitious perfectionistic zealots - these things are positive in the abstract but have negative associations (ambitious = competitive, no loyalty, self-interest above client or employer; perfectionist = slow, always tinkering, no perspective; zealot = aggressive, won't listen to anybody).

I'm sure that's not what you intend to convey, there may be a better way to say the same things - for example, nobody dislikes people who pay "great attention to detail" so it might be better to say that than punctilious or perfectionistic.

Also, you talk a lot about learning, but remember you're being hired to do a job, not to learn - even if you still feel you have some things to learn, there's some truth to the saying "fake it 'til you make it".

I hope you will take my comments in a positive way, I mean no harm and won't be offended if you disagree entirely
gwailo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:59 PM   #5
wedelgaard
macrumors member

thanks for feedback

@chaos86 and @gwailo thanks for your valuable feedback!

@Gwailo a bit off topic, but do I know you since you write in danish to me?

@Gwailo you are right I might wan't to rewrite some words/phrases in the personal section, although I think you have it sound more negative than it is. Hopefully potential clients do not share that view
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:29 PM   #6
gwailo
macrumors newbie

No, we don't know each other - I just noticed you were Danish hehe.

As for the rest of my comments the main issue was the grammar of "punctiliously" which I see you switched, my other advice was just semantics and personal taste. Good luck with everything!

Edit: Quick catch - "Mobil app development" is missing an "e", I think it was there before but can't be sure. Also I liked the grey look you had before.
gwailo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:11 AM   #7
wedelgaard
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwailo View Post
No, we don't know each other - I just noticed you were Danish hehe.

As for the rest of my comments the main issue was the grammar of "punctiliously" which I see you switched, my other advice was just semantics and personal taste. Good luck with everything!

Edit: Quick catch - "Mobil app development" is missing an "e", I think it was there before but can't be sure. Also I liked the grey look you had before.
Good luck to you too and thanks for the criticism.

I'm still tinkering a bit with the colors of website

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Tags
portfolio, responsive, webdesign