Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hsop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Hello.

I have an iPod Nano 5th Generation. I use my iMac to charge it (except when on vacations).

It's been a few years and so far I never had any problems with charging.

Now, I'm plugging it in and although the device is seen on the iMac, and the apple logo appears on the iPod; it's not charging.

The device is connected right now and every now and then it lights up with the apple logo.

Also, when I press the buttons, I can see the menu. But every now and then, when the device lights up, I can see the menu screen and then the lights goes out and the apple logo appears again.

I tried plugging it to the notebook I mentioned I use on vacations (which has windows installed), and it gave an error about the USB cable.

Indeed that seems to be the only explanation, but the cable was working perfectly fine until yesterday. Actually, I just charged it couple of days ago. How can it be suddenly out?

Yesterday, my friend used it for a few minutes to charge her iPhone. But I don't think this would be the actual cause, because there have been other times my friends used it to charge theirs and there were no problems.

Also, I can't open iTunes. It says "application not responding". I don't know if these are connected to each other, but I thought I should mention.

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
Try a different cable. If that doesn't work, take it to your nearest Apple store and have your iPod swapped out under the battery replacement programme for a small fee

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 5.5G 240GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.