Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azs8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
I am writing to ask for suggestions for good resume software. Searching the forums, I have found that a lot of people think that word processing software is sufficient. However, I am constantly reworking my resume for different types of jobs and have many versions on different computers and hard drives. I am most interested in the functionality of being able to store the information as fields in a table that can be added and subtracted in different versions, but is essentially all in one place. Maybe there is a way to use work processing software this way? I don't know enough about programming to want to make this myself.

Reactions: jagooch

EricT43

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
I'm not sure whether what you are looking for exists.

What I've done personally is create a "career document" which is kind of like a resume, but with every single responsibility and achievement, so it's a rather large document.

For each resume submission, I start with a copy of that document and take out whatever is not relevant to the job opportunity. It usually only takes about 10-15 minutes. Then I save it with a description of the job in the title. Sometimes I've used the same edit for several opportunities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.