Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
ESPN.com videos will not play on any app I use for the internet. I have Chrome, FF, and Safari installed, and the videos will not play atll all. I get the play button, but when I press it, it just stays there on the screen. I can mouse across the video timeline, and see still images from that time of the video, but clicking it does nothing. I installed/updated Java, Flash, and Silverlight, but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

A little FYI...I just received my iMac last week from service, I got the screen replaced. I swapped my optical drive for an SSD drive. I reformatted and reinstalled the things I wanted on my SSD, and the videos on ESPN seemed to work for a few days, but not anymore. Those three apps in the first paragraph is installed, along with Flip4Mac, and Glimmer Blocker.

Edit: I noticed that the problem seems to be Glimmer Blocker. When I disable it, videos work on all the apps. Is there a way that i could add ESPN.com to it as an exception?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.