Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted the Jony Ive introduction video for iOS 7, along with the full-length keynote, the 'Designed by Apple' television ad that Tim Cook showed at the end of the keynote, and the introduction video from the keynote that is part of the same campaign.

The 'Designed by Apple' ad, featuring a voiceover from actor Ben Affleck, is a branding spot looking to reinforce the company's California roots.

This is it. This is what matters. The experience of a product. How will it make someone feel? Will it make life better? Does it deserve to exist? We spend a lot of time on a few great things. Until every idea we touch enhances each life it touches. You may rarely look at it, but you'll always feel it. This is our signature. It means everything.
Apple has posted a video of the full two-hour WWDC Keynote on its website. The video should also be made available on the Apple Keynotes Podcast on the iTunes Store later today. [Podcast links: Keynotes, Keynotes in HD, Keynotes in 1080p HD]

Other WWDC Keynote highlights:

- Apple Unveils iOS 7 with Major Design Overhaul, Multitasking and Control Center
- Apple Offers Sneak Peek of Completely Redesigned Mac Pro
- Apple Announces New MacBook Airs with Haswell Processors and 'All-Day' Battery Life
- Apple Apple Announces OS X 'Mavericks' with Tabbed Finder, Safari Redesign, Maps and iBooks
- Apple Announces iTunes Radio, Ad-Supported, Free for iTunes Match Subscribers

- Apple Announces New Airport Base Station and Time Capsule with Faster 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Apple Announces 'iWork for iCloud' for In-Browser Use
- Apple Announces iCloud Keychain, 1Password-Like Password Manager
- Apple Announces New iBooks and Maps Apps for OS X Mavericks
- Apple Tops $10 Billion in App Store Payouts, 1 Million Daily Retail Store Visitors
- Anki Debuts 'Anki Drive' Intelligent Robotic Car Game

Article Link: Apple Posts iOS 7 Intro, 'Designed by Apple' TV Ad, WWDC Keynote Video

32KFJ

macrumors regular
May 28, 2012
Austria
i laughed when craig showed his game center as "hair supplier" or what was it?!

really funny

samac92

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
A great WWDC I thought. I'm really looking forward to iOS and 10.9, both were even better than I expected.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
If they could post the betas that would be great :)

Was it just me or the ads they ran today seemed just excellent? previous ads were cool but not this level of great.

grapefruitx

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Branding and Mission

I do think they have to work to put some space between them and Android /Samsung etc, The haters have got some traction in popular opinion, (and to extent in the arguments, Android / Galaxy S4 is a cracking product).

So its more than timely that they get the brand out and give it a polish, tell people what they are about all over again. And emphasise how that is reflected across the product range.

Of course what they should rearly do is have some sort of rapprochement with Google IMHO, who lets face it won the battle to wrestle the smartphone market from them, even if not fully fair and square, if it wasn't for android Apple would have wiped the floor with everyone else. But now Apple should stop being babies about it the fighting is damaging them.

GenesisJLS

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2009
Looks like I'll have to finally upgrade my iPhone to at least 4. I wonder what features they will be removing to make it run on the 4 and 4s?

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
I think it's a great ad. They need to start a campaign with this... this is something that sets them apart. They have never moved away from this, and it is a key to their success. Their best campaign was the iPod silhouette from '04-'08, because it allowed everyone to adopt to a low-price point product of Apple like the iPod, but it also got people on board using a creative way of marketing the silhouette tv ads. Marketing wise, it is what sent them apart from the field of the MP3 market.

Designed by Apple in Cali is no joke... they need to keep on using this campaign, so everyone understands the quality you get with a brand that is always & will always be designed in the US.

Those new Mac Pro's are sick. I think with the 4K Support & the introduction of AC routers, maybe we do see an iTV sooner than later as data speeds increase due to fiber optics blanketing most of the US now.

Millah

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
I do think they have to work to put some space between them and Android /Samsung etc, The haters have got some traction in popular opinion, (and to extent in the arguments, Android / Galaxy S4 is a cracking product).

So its more than timely that they get the brand out and give it a polish, tell people what they are about all over again. And emphasise how that is reflected across the product range.

Of course what they should rearly do is have some sort of rapprochement with Google IMHO, who lets face it won the battle to wrestle the smartphone market from them, even if not fully fair and square, if it wasn't for android Apple would have wiped the floor with everyone else. But now Apple should stop being babies about it the fighting is damaging them.

Google won a battle that has no prize. They make more money from iOS users than Android users. I'm pretty sure the company who truly had their eye on the prize (and not on some frivolous market share world domination), would have continued the partnership and approach Google had with Apple back in 2007. If Google makes 3x mobile revenue from iOS users NOW, imagine how it could have been if Google was much more deeply ingrained into the OS.

So all in all, I'd say Google won a fools battle. Apples still got their eye on the prize, and so far seems to winning the battle that truly counts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.