Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Che Castro
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: May 2009
Sync notifications ?

They mentioned that if you get a push alert from CNN app on your iphone , you will see that on the Mac

What about non iMessages & call alerts ?
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2
retrospek
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
I really hope we get missed call alerts and voicemail alerts syncing with OSX - but I would have thought they would have mentioned this if it was included..
__________________
UK
retrospek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:01 PM   #3
chrf097
macrumors 68030
 
chrf097's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Earth
Any app that sends an alert can be pushed to your Mac.
__________________
13" Macbook Pro | Mac OS 10.9.4 | Windows 8.1 Pro | 2.4GHz Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB
Samsung GS4 | Black | 32GB | Android 4.4.2 |
iPad mini 2 | Grey | 16 GB WiFi | iOS 8b2

chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:16 PM   #4
retrospek
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrf097 View Post
Any app that sends an alert can be pushed to your Mac.
Not sure Phone or Voicemail Alerts can though.. Here is the official description from Apple:

Notifications let you see what’s up — and now they let you get things done, all without leaving the app you’re in. With OS X Mavericks, you can interact with your notifications, so you can reply to a message, respond to a FaceTime video call, or delete an email right from a notification. In addition, you can now sign up with your favorite websites to get breaking news, sports scores, auction alerts, and more — even if Safari isn’t running.8 And if you’ve stepped away from your Mac, you’ll find a summary of all the notifications you missed as soon as you return.
__________________
UK
retrospek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:21 PM   #5
chrf097
macrumors 68030
 
chrf097's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrospek View Post
Not sure Phone or Voicemail Alerts can though.. Here is the official description from Apple:

Notifications let you see what’s up — and now they let you get things done, all without leaving the app you’re in. With OS X Mavericks, you can interact with your notifications, so you can reply to a message, respond to a FaceTime video call, or delete an email right from a notification. In addition, you can now sign up with your favorite websites to get breaking news, sports scores, auction alerts, and more — even if Safari isn’t running.8 And if you’ve stepped away from your Mac, you’ll find a summary of all the notifications you missed as soon as you return.
Upon research, it's any app that uses Apple's Push service. Since Phone and Voicemail alerts don't use Apple's Push network, they probably won't go through. Same for non-iMessage texts.
__________________
13" Macbook Pro | Mac OS 10.9.4 | Windows 8.1 Pro | 2.4GHz Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB
Samsung GS4 | Black | 32GB | Android 4.4.2 |
iPad mini 2 | Grey | 16 GB WiFi | iOS 8b2

chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Che Castro
Thread Starter
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrf097 View Post
Upon research, it's any app that uses Apple's Push service. Since Phone and Voicemail alerts don't use Apple's Push network, they probably won't go through. Same for non-iMessage texts.
Well that's a bummer
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:35 PM   #7
Che Castro
Thread Starter
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: May 2009
Beta testers do you get phone alerts & at&t alerts on the mac ?
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Notifications sync between OS X and iOS iRock1 OS X Mavericks (10.9) 10 Nov 15, 2013 08:48 PM
iPhone: Notifications sync across devices MySharona iOS 7 1 Sep 23, 2013 01:40 PM
Sync notifications? HabSonic iOS 7 5 Sep 19, 2013 10:26 PM
Easily Enable Gmail Notifications In Notifications Centre smoge OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 2 Jan 13, 2013 02:54 PM
How do I get app & system update notifications in Notifications Center? inspirations365 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 5 Aug 3, 2012 07:35 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC