Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:20 PM   #1
KTK1990
macrumors regular

With auto updates for apps turned on, is there a way to see release notes?

With the apps auto updating themselves, is there any way to view release notes of the app before or after the app gets updated?

Most of the time I find cool new features that are in the update only because they are mentioned in the notes. Or know not to update if they have a major bug or feature removed.
KTK1990 is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:22 PM   #2
mwxiao
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTK1990 View Post
With the apps auto updating themselves, is there any way to view release notes of the app before or after the app gets updated?

Most of the time I find cool new features that are in the update only because they are mentioned in the notes. Or know not to update if they have a major bug or feature removed.
That's exactly why I am not so excited about auto-update. I assume there is an option to turn it off, meaning the old way to manually update the apps.

I like to know which app has an update and what has been updated.
mwxiao is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3
cualexander
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwxiao View Post
That's exactly why I am not so excited about auto-update. I assume there is an option to turn it off, meaning the old way to manually update the apps.

I like to know which app has an update and what has been updated.
I agree. I hope it can be turned off, it would be a shame to have an app force updated and functionality pulled from it or bugs introduced. Auto updating is not good if they are forcing it.
cualexander is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:29 PM   #4
hovscorpion12
macrumors 6502

I'm sure like android you can see/ tweak some changes to specific apps.
hovscorpion12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Marbles1
macrumors member

Agreed this is a concerning feature.

Some games receive whole new level packs for free with an update.

Some TV/Media apps e.g. 'Sky Go' receive new channels, new on-demand functionality.

Some apps REMOVE features with an update and tell you not to update if you don't want to (e.g. GoodPlayer).

I can't see me wanting to enable auto-update if I'm not forced.
Marbles1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7