Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Peanut207
macrumors 6502

Apple absolutely crushed it outta the park with iOS 7!

I no longer have the need to jailbreak thanks to Control Center and my desire for the HTC One is completely gone with all the new features. Plus, the new look of ios 7 looks phenomenal!
Wish it was available today but I've waited 5 years so a few more months isn't a big deal.
Peanut207 is offline   17 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:55 PM   #2
henryonapple
macrumors 6502

the icons are still way too big in my opinion
henryonapple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Cody21
macrumors 6502a

I think they more like got a triple instead of a homerun. However, I think everything looks great, and it was enough to keep an iPhone in my pocket. I can't wait until we can get our hands on it in the Fall.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4
charlee08
macrumors newbie

iOS certainly needed an upgrade. Does iOS 7 blow me away? No. I'm a proud owner of an HTC One and it's still my favorite phone available because of the sense UI. I love my iPhone 5 also, don't get me wrong. But I don't think this will really blow anyone one away that's both a lover of iOS and Android.
charlee08 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:50 PM   #5
bag of kittens
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut207 View Post
I no longer have the need to jailbreak thanks to Control Center and my desire for the HTC One is completely gone with all the new features. Plus, the new look of ios 7 looks phenomenal!
Wish it was available today but I've waited 5 years so a few more months isn't a big deal.
Agreed. They did a fantastic job today.
bag of kittens is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:34 PM   #6
barkomatic
macrumors 68040

I don't know why, but iOS 7 looks like what a smartphone OS might have looked like if we had them in the 60's. I like it.
barkomatic is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:42 PM   #7
Vetvito
macrumors 6502a

I like it and finally may have no need to jailbreak except for push tone maybe.

I don't understand all the hate its getting.
Vetvito is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:52 PM   #8
1080p
macrumors 68000

Craig Federighi was the real star. Charismatic and funny! I thought Apple Keynotes were doomed with Steve gone, but I think they have their guy! Keep him front and center from now on!

Last edited by 1080p; Jun 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
1080p is offline   21 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:12 PM   #9
Bobby Corwen
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
Craig Federighi was the real star. Charismatic and funny! I though Apple Keynotes were doomed with Steve died, but I think they have their guy! Keep him front and center from now on!
I actually liked Tim Cook for once finally. Like around the time he was hyping up iOS 7 he was really swaged out lol.

I could tell they were trying to be more interactive with the audience in general because they would always respond to random shouts and acknowledge them.

I liked how everything seemed more confident.

I also like the new design, my only qualm being that it seems a bit androidish. I liked the 3d effect of the background a lot and the simple things like the buttons dissapearing when you scroll.

I think I will like it a lot more than I think right now. Is it too late to get a developers account? I cant wait that long...
Bobby Corwen is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody21 View Post
I think they more like got a triple instead of a homerun.
Ground rule double.
Chris092881 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:37 PM   #11
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000

Can anyone confirm the parallax effect with the background? Does it look good?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 09:07 PM   #12
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Single.

They had to do something.

Not compelling, look wise, will see on features.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 09:13 PM   #13
ionamartin123
macrumors newbie

this is going to be great when I get to touch and use it. Hope it doesn't disappoint me, let's wait for the best
ionamartin123 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 09:57 PM   #14
whtrbt7
macrumors 6502a

iOS was due for a redesign. At least we have multiple pages to icon folders, clear and concise "flat design", and quick settings now. It's about as good as the current HTC Sense design. I think Ive did a great job on the interface redesign/front-end. Federighi I think did a great job on iOS technically and fixed a lot of issues with the back-end of the OS. I think the separation between the front-end and the back-end is necessary to achieve good software design that "feels" good.
whtrbt7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:07 PM   #15
lordofthereef
macrumors 604

I think it's fair to day that we can out the whole "apple doesn't care about what users are saying" none sense to bed. Granted, it took many years to get here, but they've just about implemented everything that I've long had gripes about. Much of it was implemented in ways very similar to android or jailbreak tweaks. And you know what? I'm perfectly fine with that.

Now, just because I need something to be unhappy about, I hope we see the ability to install third party apps outside the AppStore. This certainly isn't something I feel apple would allow by choice, but there is a lawsuits regarding antitrust issues and the AppStore that I could see going either way.

But honestly, for now, im pretty happy. This update is certainly going to force Microsoft to being their A game.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:18 PM   #16
bornblind
macrumors regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
Craig Federighi was the real star. Charismatic and funny! I though Apple Keynotes were doomed with Steve died, but I think they have their guy! Keep him front and center from now on!
Craig really made me think about how good Apple is at not just products but presentations AGAIN. You took the words from my brain.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:18 PM   #17
rmeadejr
macrumors 6502

thought apple did a great job today. already have the beta on my ip5 and so far just a few hiccups.

the only thing i wish they would add is quick reply for messages.
rmeadejr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:25 PM   #18
darster
macrumors 68000

For once the saying "Safari seems snappier" may actually be true!
darster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:38 PM   #19
Peanut207
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeadejr View Post
thought apple did a great job today. already have the beta on my ip5 and so far just a few hiccups.

the only thing i wish they would add is quick reply for messages.
Besides the great new features, how do you like the overall look of ios 7? Also, Some people are complaining about the translucency look. What's your opinion?
Peanut207 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:43 PM   #20
rmeadejr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Besides the great new features, how do you like the overall look of ios 7? Also, Some people are complaining about the translucency look. What's your opinion?
i really like it, it sure is a big difference. its going to take some time to get use to the bright colors of the apps, but that is no biggie. i like the translucency look.
rmeadejr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:45 PM   #21
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Thanks to Googles influence and resultant success Apple had a great example to replicate. I've been waiting for Apple to bring these proven features that I've been enjoying on the Android platform to my iPhone.

I knew Apple could do it, it was only a matter of time. While its true Apple languished and allowed the iPhone to fall behind, I read today that Apples going to be courageous & install a 5" display in iPhone 6 for 2014. While that's a full three years behind Android it's better late than never.
maxosx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:45 PM   #22
sotorious
macrumors 6502a

i really like the multi tasking that they have done with it. Left the iphone because i got bored of the OS thinking of returning again mainly for 2 reasons the os refresh to try it out and and also there is 1 app that i want that the iphone has and my android doesnt.

The thing i dont like about the new iphone is the 4 inch display just looks so damn stretched im sure if i had it for a while i would get used to it but im waiting to see what the iphone 5s will bring when the ios 7 drops with it and works out the kinks.
sotorious is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:50 PM   #23
Peanut207
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeadejr View Post
i really like it, it sure is a big difference. its going to take some time to get use to the bright colors of the apps, but that is no biggie. i like the translucency look.
Thanks..good to hear. I'm super excited to install it on my phone!
Peanut207 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:29 AM   #24
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Yup I've been using iOS 7 for a couple hours now and love it. All the reason I jailbroke for before have been fulfilled except for quick reply for messages.
Jordan921 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:25 AM   #25
F123D
macrumors 68040

Location: Rootmetrics.com Verizon 96.7 | AT&T 96.6 | T-Mobile 96.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
Single.

They had to do something.

Not compelling, look wise, will see on features.
More like a bunt single.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone