Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:26 AM   #251
kevpan815
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kevpan815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachari View Post
a1428 - gsm
a1429 - cdma
Actually it's: 1428: ATT and TMobile, 1429: Sprint and Verizon.
kevpan815 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:30 AM   #252
Clocksetbyfeel
macrumors member

Great Beta for iphone 5 but...

So far I really like the update, everything runs pretty smooth considering it's the first beta for ios 7. The only complaint I'm having is imessage isn't working for me. Iv'e seen other with the same issue. Any known fixes?
Clocksetbyfeel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:33 AM   #253
cclloyd
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGIGS View Post
Stay jailbroken!!!!
Too late.
cclloyd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:35 AM   #254
kevpan815
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdlovr24 View Post
Separate accounts
dvdlovr24 is correct, Seperate Accounts are Always REQUIRED unless you can find some way to Incorporate a Business (NOT A FAKE ONE) and then hire your friends to work for you.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:37 AM   #255
orisonmarden
macrumors member

You cant say iOS 7 is ugly just because u dont get used to it. geez, this people :/
orisonmarden is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:49 AM   #256
kevpan815
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspalton View Post
To close an app from the multi task screen 'double tap home' and swipe up

Note that geekbench isnt geeking

Dave
Thanks for posting that. I have been Banned from the Official Apple Developer Forums (but not the program itself) for a while now and could NOT figure out how to close out open programs until I read your post. You're a Life Saver.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:12 AM   #257
AmpSkillz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hppy29 View Post
My new block list is already filling up! Not found many bugs for the first beta (yet)
Please tell me there is a way to block calls that show up as unknown, restricted or blocked
AmpSkillz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:32 AM   #258
JayCee842
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by almirramic View Post
Ive looked at an Android phone and thought "yeah, this looks cool." One strong advantage iOS had over Android was consistent sleek looks. I wish Scott Forstall back. iOS7 is unbearably ugly. It is not the simplicity (with elegance and function) that Ive applies to hardware. The icon design themes are inconsistent, and some of them like Reminders look like they belong to the beginning of internet and ugly even for that standard. I am disappointed with the looks.
I agree with you. I cannot stand using it. I regret updating to it. It doesn't feel "right" what a. disappointment
JayCee842 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:41 AM   #259
Lauscher
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlannoo View Post
Looks like the iPhone 4 misses out on some of the sfx features. Plus it looks like the gps isn't working according to the release notes posted.

ehh Im gonna give it a shot anyways lol.
Have you tried GPS on your iPhone 4? Would be a bummer if it's not working. My dev phone is an iPhone 4, but I can't loose GPS on it, because our app heavily relies on it.
Lauscher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:59 AM   #260
Aniseedvan
macrumors 6502

Select all in photos?

Hi,

Could someone tell me if there's a select all type button/feature in the photos app?
Using my ipad (I know this is an iphone release but photos is photos, right?) for the first stage of importing photos from my camera, and it's annoying to have to do the two finger dragging to select them all for deletion.

Screenshots more helpful on this thread than most of the official sites, so thanks and keep them coming!
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:12 AM   #261
mrxak
macrumors 65816

I got an "access denied" page when I clicked on the 4S link from MacRumors, but was able to download the beta from the iOS Dev Center, no problem. Not sure what that's all about, but if anyone's having issues with MacRumor's links, just log into your developer account at developer.apple.com and get it from the iOS Dev Center.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIC273 View Post
you wouldn't download a car!!!!

:d:d
3D printers are getting cheaper all the time.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:23 AM   #262
mrxak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycoolroy View Post
I can't remember if last time Siri got the movies and sports additions before or after public release. Anyone remember that?
Yep, the new Siri databases were included from the first iOS 6 beta.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon8419 View Post
Any idea when it will be released to the general public? Obviously it won't be for awhile but I'm hoping middle/late summer instead of Fall...
Probably around when the new iPhones ship. September or October.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:32 AM   #263
AppleFanatic10
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to AppleFanatic10 Send a message via Skype™ to AppleFanatic10
Am I the only one who noticed that we can no longer update Facebook/twitter from the notification center? Or do I just no longer know how to do it lol.
RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012
AppleFanatic10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:34 AM   #264
rmeadejr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleFanatic10 View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that we can no longer update Facebook/twitter from the notification center? Or do I just no longer know how to do it lol.
no, they took those tabs out of the notification center.
rmeadejr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:36 AM   #265
AppleFanatic10
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to AppleFanatic10 Send a message via Skype™ to AppleFanatic10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeadejr View Post
no, they took those tabs out of the notification center.
Oh ok thanks!
RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012
AppleFanatic10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:53 AM   #266
Jimrod
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by orisonmarden View Post
You cant say iOS 7 is ugly just because u dont get used to it. geez, this people :/
Actually I think you can do exactly that. If I see a girl at a nightclub all I have to judge her on initially is her looks, if I met iOS 7 at a nightclub she'd be the one you get your single friends to take home for a bet...

I like the look of much in iOS7 but those icons are just plain crap. Fanboys can make excuses for them but they are bad. This is my opinion and it seems many others too.

Yesterday I said a preview couldn't be right because even though Jony Ive isn't a UI designer he still understands design. Now I'm starting to think maybe Steve Jobs was the one with the eye for design. There are nice parts to iOS 7 for sure but the icons, which make up much of what you see much of the time are terrible and look like a pre-schooler did them, I'm not even exaggerating.
Jimrod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:05 AM   #267
edwurtle
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrod View Post
I like the look of much in iOS7 but those icons are just plain crap. Fanboys can make excuses for them but they are bad. This is my opinion and it seems many others too.
I like all the icons except for settings and safari.

Settings icon looks like star war's Sarlacc Pit. http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/28375...-Halloween.jpg

I can live with safari's icon, the settings icon is to jarring imho. They should of went with a single simple gear instead of a 2-complex interweaving gears.
edwurtle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:10 AM   #268
!GS51!
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlannoo View Post
Looks like the iPhone 4 misses out on some of the sfx features. Plus it looks like the gps isn't working according to the release notes posted.

ehh Im gonna give it a shot anyways lol.
LOL, tell me how it goes for you im thinking of trying it on my iPhone 4, performance wise and all that
BlackBerry Z10
!GS51! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:14 AM   #269
Jimrod
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwurtle View Post
I like all the icons except for settings and safari.

Settings icon looks like star war's Sarlacc Pit. http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/28375...-Halloween.jpg

I can live with safari's icon, the settings icon is to jarring imho. They should of went with a single simple gear instead of a 2-complex interweaving gears.
I think this is where the whole new UI seems confused - so you're going with a flat theme then try to make this multi-layered looking Settings icon, surely just a simple cog would work better in context? ie - something like:

They seem to have had different people doing different icons to me, it's a bit of a mess.

*Edit: Not quite that large
Jimrod is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:15 AM   #270
albroon
macrumors newbie

Guys, i'm getting an iPhone could not be restored 4005 error trying to update via iTunes - any ideas? This iPhone 5 is in recovery mode

Dev account up to date.
UDID on file etc.

I've tried the iOS 7 beta file and clicking on the normal restore option to pick up 6.1.x etc but I get the same error message.

I've been using betas for a number of years and this is the first time that I've had any issues.

Cheers
albroon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:16 AM   #271
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyChief View Post
How is the performance on the 4S? Any glaring bugs?
Its not as smooth as a finished product but very usable.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:29 AM   #272
snakes-
macrumors member

I have installed now IOS 7 beta , i want now weather info on lockscreen i have seen some screenshoot but i dosent foundn the settings. can someone help?
snakes- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:40 AM   #273
binaryskies
macrumors regular

I've been wanting to start developing apps for a while now but just haven't had the time or money. I now have the money and since iOS 7 is available for download I'm really tempted to spend the money and sign up. However, I love my jailbroken iPhone 5 and the custom theme I made. From reading this thread once you go 7 there's no going back to a jailbroken .ipsw, is that correct? My other question is should I wait for the second beta to be released to sign up and install or should I just do it now? My iphone 5 is my only phone so any suggestions / help is appreciated! Thanks!
binaryskies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:47 AM   #274
kocoman
macrumors regular

What is the build number for Xcode 5 DP1 ? thanks
kocoman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:58 AM   #275
MR1324
macrumors 6502

i just signed up as an iOS developer for $99 in order to download the iOS 7 beta. for some reason, when i click on the download link, it leads me to a page saying that "your session has expired." does anyone know what's going on? i am pretty sure i am logged in and have added my iphone 5 to the devices list.
MR1324 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion