Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tziortz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
I have an iphone 4 jailbroken, the ios was 5.1.1 i think, and i tried to update it today, it remained on the itunes logo, i tried iREB and tinyumbrella but they dont work,also restore from itunes fails,nothing seems to work, any ideas?Thank you

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I had the same problem, except my iPhone wasn't jailbroken. I had downloaded a couple of jailbreaking apps to fix a problem with iTunes Match on my iPhone 4S and didn't realize I'd let them change the Hosts file so it didn't point to Apple's update servers. You'll have to google for that address, but I'm betting that's where your problem is. Fix that and you'll be able to update.

Connor77

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2013
I have an iphone 4 jailbroken, the ios was 5.1.1 i think, and i tried to update it today, it remained on the itunes logo, i tried iREB and tinyumbrella but they dont work,also restore from itunes fails,nothing seems to work, any ideas?Thank you

Have you tried restoring it from DFU mode. Just search it up on google there's lots of results and its easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.