Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:57 PM   #1
tziortz
macrumors newbie

Question Iphone stuck on itunes-usb logo

I have an iphone 4 jailbroken, the ios was 5.1.1 i think, and i tried to update it today, it remained on the itunes logo, i tried iREB and tinyumbrella but they dont work,also restore from itunes fails,nothing seems to work, any ideas?Thank you
tziortz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:00 PM   #2
malnar
macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem, except my iPhone wasn't jailbroken. I had downloaded a couple of jailbreaking apps to fix a problem with iTunes Match on my iPhone 4S and didn't realize I'd let them change the Hosts file so it didn't point to Apple's update servers. You'll have to google for that address, but I'm betting that's where your problem is. Fix that and you'll be able to update.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Connor77
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tziortz View Post
I have an iphone 4 jailbroken, the ios was 5.1.1 i think, and i tried to update it today, it remained on the itunes logo, i tried iREB and tinyumbrella but they dont work,also restore from itunes fails,nothing seems to work, any ideas?Thank you
Have you tried restoring it from DFU mode. Just search it up on google there's lots of results and its easy.
Connor77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone