Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chainprayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
My wife has a late 2009 MacBook with a 2.26GHz processor and 4GB of RAM. She loves Mountain Lion on my new laptop and wants to upgrade her computer. Would we expect any performance issues on this system with Mountain Lion? I'd hate to pay for the upgrade and have it slow her down in the long run.

Thanks! :)

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
My wife has a late 2009 MacBook with a 2.26GHz processor and 4GB of RAM. She loves Mountain Lion on my new laptop and wants to upgrade her computer. Would we expect any performance issues on this system with Mountain Lion? I'd hate to pay for the upgrade and have it slow her down in the long run.

Thanks! :)

Im running the 2009 13" MBP with 2.26Ghz C2D and ML runs perfectly. I do have 8GB of ram, but I rarely see the system come close to using half that.

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
I have the same macbook as you but with 8 gb ram and a ssd. Mountain lion 10.8.3 boots faster than snowleopard and app performance seems to be the same. Earlier versions of mountain lion were not very stable, but now mountain lion is more stable than the latest snow leopard version. You will definitely need 4 GB ram or more though.

bobsax

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
I have the same macbook as you but with 8 gb ram and a ssd. Mountain lion 10.8.3 boots faster than snowleopard and app performance seems to be the same. Earlier versions of mountain lion were not very stable, but now mountain lion is more stable than the latest snow leopard version. You will definitely need 4 GB ram or more though.

Darn
I just have 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM on my black macbook. model 4,1

What would happen if I tried to download ML?
Can I increase the ram?
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.