Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So will ya? (When iOS 7 is out and untether is available)

• Yes

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Not right away but eventually

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Probably. I'm one of those types who'd like to wait and see how things are going first, so I picked "eventually" option.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Well there would be no reason to be on iOS 6 unless you're one of those people that just really HATE iOS 7 for reasons unbeknownst to rational people lol.

We all said iOS 6 was just a slightly reskinned ios 5 and it'll never match up and then bam what do ya know? We're all running it anyway lol

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
We all said iOS 6 was just a slightly reskinned ios 5 and it'll never match up and then bam what do ya know? We're all running it anyway lol

Well, many of us are forced to run it. Let's not forget that Apple loves forcing their customers upgrade to the new version by (probably unnecessarily) making their leisure apps (iPhoto, iMovie, Garage Band etc.) iOS6-only. They did this right after the iOS6 release. It's only the iWork package that remained iOS5-compliant.

I myself would have happily stayed on 5.1.1 for, if nothing else, Quasar compliance; nevertheless, "tricks" like the above (the above three apps' only supporting iOS6) forced me to upgrade immediately after evasion was released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.