Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Powertoola

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
send directions to iPhone on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, has it been implemented yet ? can't seem to find it

Unhyper

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Finland
send directions to iPhone on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, has it been implemented yet ? can't seem to find it
Yes, and it works beautifully. I put in addresses and let it find the directions, and then clicked on the Share button (the little rectangle with the arrow pointing out of it) and selected iPhone as the target. A couple of seconds later, my phone beeped, it showed up on the Notification Center on the lock screen, I swiped on it and it opened the directions in the Maps iOS app.

childs12111

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
Minneapolis
It's not working for me

I have the customer seed and it doesn't work for me, which is a totally buzz kill. It was the one feature I was really looking forward to!

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
I don't even see the option to send to iphone in the share sheet. What am I missing?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
its too bad it sends to the Apple maps, and not Google maps, or provide a choice, but thats a given.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Did you completely sign out? There was actually two boxes I had to manually uncheck to complete the sign out.. After I unchecked the boxes, I hit sign out again and then I was "officially" signed out..

Yes I did. Took forever it seemed. I was looking forward to testing it, but I understand it's an early beta. They will fix it.

activate

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
You are more patient than I was. This was one of most anticipated features. Have you tried the maps app in full screen fly overs. Pretty impressive.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
You are more patient than I was. This was one of most anticipated features. Have you tried the maps app in full screen fly overs. Pretty impressive.

I'll admit I was really looking forward to that feature. I'm hoping it will be fixed in the second beta.

Yes, I have tried it. They really did a great job. I was impressed.

MaC rA mE

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2010
Bumping cause the GM is out and I still can't see the "send directions to iPhone". Anyone else finding the same?

Last edited:

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
The "Send to iPhone" option is located underneath the "Share" button. I think it's called the Share button at least. The picture I attached shows where it is located though.

Hope this helps,
- Kyle

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 4.11.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 4.11.14 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 238

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
The "Send to iPhone" option is located underneath the "Share" button. I think it's called the Share button at least. The picture I attached shows where it is located though.

Hope this helps,
- Kyle

My problem is my iPhone does not show in the drop down menu. I signed out of iCloud on my Mac and signed back and it stayed the same. I just checked again, after leaving the Mac alone for 30 mins, and now the phone shows. Weird.

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
My problem is my iPhone does not show in the drop down menu. I signed out of iCloud on my Mac and signed back and it stayed the same. I just checked again, after leaving the Mac alone for 30 mins, and now the phone shows. Weird.

I had to do the same thing when I first tried the "Send to iPhone" option. Weird indeed. :p

VestergaardDK

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Denmark
The solution!

I have discovered the solution for the problem! Before you can send direction to your iPhone, you first need to update you software on the iPhone to the newest version: iOS 7.0.3. Good luck!

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
After updating to iOS 7.0.3, the devices still weren't showing up in Maps app on Mavericks. I rebooted Mavericks, and now the devices are showing up in the share sheet in Maps app, however, clicking up them never sends the notification to the devices.

Any ideas?

melapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
logging out and back into iCloud fixed it for me.

one question now...I still don't see iCloud data in my Mac now...how long does it take to sync back?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.