Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
I love iOS 7...but I'm sincerely hope this "feature" just hasn't been implemented.

So it's great that Notification center now syncs across devices...but why doesn't it sync on the actual device?!?! In other words...why don't my email notifications clear when I read the bloody email? Why do I have to delete the email then delete the notification? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I love iOS 7...but I'm sincerely hope this "feature" just hasn't been implemented.

So it's great that Notification center now syncs across devices...but why doesn't it sync on the actual device?!?! In other words...why don't my email notifications clear when I read the bloody email? Why do I have to delete the email then delete the notification? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

"lol its a beta chill."

But in seriousness, it's like that on all devices. The only way you have the notification go away is by reading it from the notification. It's like this on EVERY device. Windows, BB, even the Mac. It's dumb, but it's not iOS specific (Android however, does). I wish it would go away without you having to activate the app from the notification, but it simply can't be, oh well.

Last edited:

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
"lol its a beta chill."

But in seriousness, it's like that on all devices. The only way you have the notification go away is by reading it from the notification. It's like this on EVERY device. Android, BB, even the Mac. It's dumb, but it's not iOS specific. I wish it would go away without you having to activate the app from the notification, but it simply can't be, oh well.

Lol...don't group me in that category. No need to chill :cool:, I just hope we see this implemented before public release...I don't understand how we got this far without it, honestly.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Lol...don't group me in that category. No need to chill :cool:, I just hope we see this implemented before public release...I don't understand how we got this far without it, honestly.

I agree, I'm right with you.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
"lol its a beta chill."

But in seriousness, it's like that on all devices. The only way you have the notification go away is by reading it from the notification. It's like this on EVERY device. Android, BB, even the Mac. It's dumb, but it's not iOS specific. I wish it would go away without you having to activate the app from the notification, but it simply can't be, oh well.

Well that's just flat-out untrue. Tested it myself on my Nexus 4 just now. Sent myself an email, showed up in notifications, opened the mail app separately and the notification disappeared.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Well that's just flat-out untrue. Tested it myself on my Nexus 4 just now. Sent myself an email, showed up in notifications, opened the mail app separately and the notification disappeared.

Correct. The latest iterations of Android seem to handle this very well.

brinycbri

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
hm works for me in ios...if i have a facebook message on my NC and go to facebook, it goes away

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
You must be doing something wrong, it works perfectly fine for me even if I read an email on my computer it will remove the notification instantly from my iPhone running iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.