Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
I'm thinking about upgrading to iOS 7 on my main phone. From what I hear the main OS is pretty usable, but I'm wondering if I will have problems running third party apps. I don't rely on many, but I need some apps. Can anyone tell me what their experience has been like with this? Thanks.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I'm thinking about upgrading to iOS 7 on my main phone. From what I hear the main OS is pretty usable, but I'm wondering if I will have problems running third party apps. I don't rely on many, but I need some apps. Can anyone tell me what their experience has been like with this? Thanks.

I wouldn't recommend doing this. 3rd party apps are notoriously buggy when switching a whole OS version. Some may work, some may not. It's hit or miss, but the whole point of the beta is so the developers fix all the issues before it goes live. iOS 7 changes a lot of APIs, so the fact that a lot of apps are crashing isn't surprising at all.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Apps are a very strange experience, some apps like eBay are entirely broken and won't load while apps like Facebook and Alien Blue are an odd mix of old/new design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.