Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cabby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
iMessage seems to not be working today again. I've texted with folks in various areas of the US and I get green texts all day long. The apple service status site always seems to indicate everything is wonderful, how accurate is that site?

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Cabby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I figured it out, who knew there was a setting to turn IMessage off. Not sure why you would ever want to do that, but my 2 yr old thought it was a good idea. I'm just another dummy blaming the provider for my own issue.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I don't think you were passing blame on Apple, sounds to me like you were going thru common sense troubleshooting. In my opinion, that's exactly the first thing I would check is the system status.

But then again if the light turned off in your room do you check the light switch first or immediately go gunning for the breaker box? ;)

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I figured it out, who knew there was a setting to turn IMessage off. Not sure why you would ever want to do that, but my 2 yr old thought it was a good idea. I'm just another dummy blaming the provider for my own issue.

iMessages use data. For data conscious people who can't afford to go over data limits or pay for the actual plan, it is so they can avoid data usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.