Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:52 PM   #1
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

For those who showed other people their iOS 7: How did they like it?

I showed 3 girls in my first period, they went exploring on my phone lol and they liked it but one of them said it reminded her of androids. They also noticed the new camera filters and took pics with it. Also told them how to block callers and now they want it too lol (typical)

Showed some people in my gym class, they noticed the glitch for Vine where sometimes it won't load

Showed a guy in my english class, he didn't like it at all.

And some more I don't feel like typing but the general consensus is positive. I actually feel like I don't even have to jailbreak at all lol
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:54 PM   #2
R4z3r
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
I showed 3 girls in my first period, they went exploring on my phone lol and they liked it but one of them said it reminded her of androids. They also noticed the new camera filters and took pics with it. Also told them how to block callers and now they want it too lol (typical)

Showed some people in my gym class, they noticed the glitch for Vine where sometimes it won't load

And some more I don't feel like typing but the general consensus is positive. I actually feel like I don't even have to jailbreak at all lol
Everyone at my office found it hard to read and not very legible because the UI is soooo background dependent now.
R4z3r is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:57 PM   #3
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3r View Post
Everyone at my office found it hard to read and not very legible because the UI is soooo background dependent now.
Surprising. Most people I showed I started off asking "Did you see iOS 7" and then I showed them and they would stare in awe and wonder how I got it. Kinda hard to explain y'know lol. I don't live in a particularly "smart" town so I would be going in circles
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:57 PM   #4
johndallas999
Banned

Quote:
Same here, I'd say it wasn't received well for the most part. Sure all the apple geeks that come to the forums like it but we shall see what the masses think.
johndallas999 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:59 PM   #5
pettifogger06
macrumors member

GF loved it, guy friends thought it looks childish.
pettifogger06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Reelknead1
macrumors 6502

From what I've heard from people with my phone is:

- It looks a bit cartoonish
- Everyone likes the swipe up function to access general settings.
- People like the lock screen
- I've gotten the comment, its very android
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:03 PM   #7
R4z3r
macrumors member

Quote:
Surprising. Most people I showed I started off asking "Did you see iOS 7" and then I showed them and they would stare in awe and wonder how I got it. Kinda hard to explain y'know lol. I don't live in a particularly "smart" town so I would be going in circles
Oh, a lot of people were curious. But we passed it around, let everyone try it out, and the resounding response was this is just hard to read. Especially the home screen and lock screen. I can't even read the clock or the folder names.

My wallpaper on my iphone is a cutout of the center of:

I'd show you the phone, but the battery is already dead. iOS7 has just eaten through my battery today.
R4z3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:03 PM   #8
lsutigerfan1976
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Most of my friends have some type of android phone. So they weren't impressed. Actually stated how they can do most of that already. The few I have showed that have iPhones, thought it was cool I had the new os. But they had an immediate wtf reaction once they used it. They weren't impressed either.
lsutigerfan1976 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:03 PM   #9
nfl46
macrumors 601

Some think it's hard to read, and the colors are kiddy.
nfl46 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:04 PM   #10
fivedots
macrumors 6502a

Initial reaction was poor. The colorful icons on the busy stock wallpaper were a poor choice. I'm not sure why they released the beta this way.
fivedots is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:06 PM   #11
dukebound85
macrumors P6

so many young developers who have access to this....
dukebound85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:06 PM   #12
CristobalHuet
macrumors 65816

I've showed two family members and two coworkers. One coworker is an Android fanboy so he went out of his way to make a snarky comment about the Calendar app. The other coworker is an iOS 6 UI clinger, so he dislikes the look of 7.

My two family members were very impressed. One was relieved ("about time"-type reactions regarding the OS maturing), the other was amused with the whimsical UI/UX.
CristobalHuet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:07 PM   #13
iamthekiller
Banned

Remember the idiots that thought the first iPhone was an unusable novelty? They're the same people that initially won't like iOS 7.
iamthekiller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:14 PM   #14
Serelus
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
How is it background dependent? If by background dependent you mean you can't have a background that's excessively white then that's a really stupid thing to complain about. Because it's the exact same way in iOS 6. Atleast for the springboard.
Serelus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:15 PM   #15
pettifogger06
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthekiller View Post
Remember the idiots that thought the first iPhone was an unusable novelty? They're the same people that initially won't like iOS 7.
Come on. There is fun, and there is teletubbies. The icons, at least some of them, fit in the latter category.
pettifogger06 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:17 PM   #16
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthekiller View Post
People aren't saying its unusable. Far from it. Functionally looks amazing. Parts of the OS are just ugly.

Yeah Im gonna be "that guy" that says with absolute certainty that Steve would never ever have let this get shown looking like a child designed the icons. They just look juvenile.
jonnyb098 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:21 PM   #17
R4z3r
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serelus View Post
How is it background dependent? If by background dependent you mean you can't have a background that's excessively white then that's a really stupid thing to complain about. Because it's the exact same way in iOS 6. Atleast for the springboard.
As I showed in my example of the background, the background I use is not excessively white, but all text is not legible like it was in iOS6. Please read fully before addressing a post of mine.
R4z3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:23 PM   #18
CristobalHuet
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb098 View Post
People aren't saying its unusable. Far from it. Functionally looks amazing. Parts of the OS are just ugly.

Yeah Im gonna be "that guy" that says with absolute certainty that Steve would never ever have let this get shown looking like a child designed the icons. They just look juvenile.
With all due respect to Steve, he wasn't exactly the pinnacle of good taste when it came to iOS apps - see Rich Corinthian Leather and associated skueomorphic nonsense that he and Forstall rode shotgun.

So saying "Steve wouldn't have let this get shown" really, really doesn't mean much. Steve was far from perfect, and his taste in texture/superfluous "ornamentation" (as Ive called it, in derision) was no exception.
CristobalHuet is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:36 PM   #19
RKilbane20
macrumors 6502a

I work on Draft Day (movie being filmed in Cleveland). None of the tech guys liked it and after using it today I switched back to ios6.
RKilbane20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:05 PM   #20
Serelus
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
As I showed in my example of the background, the background I use is not excessively white, but all text is not legible like it was in iOS6. Please read fully before addressing a post of mine.
Ah my mistake, would you mind posting an example of your homescreen/lockscreen. As I am unable to replicate the aformentioned flaw, assuming you already started charging the phone.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:18 PM   #21
iamthekiller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb098 View Post

Nobody said iOS 7 was unusable. I was talking about the idiots that thought the iPhone itself was unusable when released.
iamthekiller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:22 PM   #22
R4z3r
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serelus View Post
Ah my mistake, would you mind posting an example of your homescreen/lockscreen. As I am unable to replicate the aformentioned flaw, assuming you already started charging the phone.
I've been playing with the wallpaper to make it better. This is after some work to the wallpaper to darken sections that were causing problems. Looks better here than on my phone, especially when just at a quick glance.

R4z3r is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:23 PM   #23
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000

My gf: "meh, it's whatever."
NovemberWhiskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:36 PM   #24
Serelus
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
I've been playing with the wallpaper to make it better. This is after some work to the wallpaper to darken sections that were causing problems. Looks better here than on my phone, especially when just at a quick glance.

The screenshot with "Weather" at the top makes it very apparent indeed. Well it's still in beta, something will probably be done about it anyway.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:39 PM   #25
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberWhiskey View Post
My gf: "meh, it's whatever."
My gf: "looks like my nephew designed the safari icon".
jonnyb098 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7