Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 11, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1
kmj2318
macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 looks best with solid color wallpapers, they should include the option.

Solid color background look amazing with iOS 7. I think it's really weird that they pair up these flat icons with sparkly wallpapers. Maybe a solid background would look just too much like Windows 8?

I think these icons were made to be on a solid color background, I bet Ives' personal phone is set up that way

The only problem is that it's a pain having to make my own in photoshop and then send them over to my phone. There should be an option for this like there is in OS X. I thought of a possible workaround by using an online color picker, taking a screen shot of it and then zooming in on that color when choosing it as the wallpaper. At least I don't have to use my computer that way.
kmj2318 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2
Calisson
macrumors newbie

Plain color wallpaper generator

Have you tried the iOS App called Plain, by living liquid software gmbh? (That is not a typo!)
Calisson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 09:00 PM   #3
ominx
macrumors 6502

Easiest way I've found without any apps or a computer:

http://www.1x1px.me

If you know the color code, just enter it. If not, touch the square color block and you can select a color from the picker. Then click download. You will not be able to see the image in mobile Safari, so just open the share sheet and select "Save Image".

As an added benefit, you will get the smallest file sized wallpaper possible... It's only 1x1 pixel! The iPhone perfectly fills the entire screen displaying a nice solid colored wallpaper.
ominx is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:03 PM   #4
MBX
macrumors 65816

Agree. Don't understand why they can't include solid colors (instead of Photo Wallpapers only).

I put a light grey solid color as background and it looks awesome, better than any photo wallpaper.
MBX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 09:00 AM   #5
gglittle
macrumors regular

Hmmm wonder how a tartan would look as a background/wallpaper ...
gglittle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 03:00 PM   #6
iCarabma
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmj2318 View Post
Solid color background look amazing with iOS 7. I think it's really weird that they pair up these flat icons with sparkly wallpapers. Maybe a solid background would look just too much like Windows 8?

I think these icons were made to be on a solid color background, I bet Ives' personal phone is set up that way

The only problem is that it's a pain having to make my own in photoshop and then send them over to my phone. There should be an option for this like there is in OS X. I thought of a possible workaround by using an online color picker, taking a screen shot of it and then zooming in on that color when choosing it as the wallpaper. At least I don't have to use my computer that way.
The reason they are defaulting "sparkly" wallpapers is to show off parrallax effects. With solid flat wallpaper it doesn't read.

It really doesn't matter since you can make anything you want your wallpaper.
iCarabma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:21 PM   #7
Htin
macrumors regular

pity the effect doesnt look as good as that they show in wwdc
Htin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7