Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
Hey guys, I upgrade my iPhone 4 from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 about a month ago and I regret it....Some of the downsides include decreased battery life, really slow boot time, and most annoyingly the instability....Basically, at random times my phone will just restart with that "sorry springboard crashed, do you want to restart or continue in safe mode?" crap.

Sometimes does it when I unlock my phone, sometimes while launching the camera app, sometimes while navigating texts...Seems like at really random times. And it happens at the worst times, when I am in a rush and then have to wait 3-4min for the phone to restart properly....Anyone else have this problem with jailbroken 5.1.1?

It's a factory unlocked 32GB iPhone 4 and I know it was it was jailbroken properly and I have already tried restoring it from a backup but 5.1.1 is still unstable in general I feel like....

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
5.1.1 was a very stable JB.

Why did you stay on 5.x?

You can try a re-restore to 5.0.1 if you have the correct blobs.

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
Really? Weird that you guys should say that....Maybe its 5.1.1 on the iPhone 4 in particular is by nature unstable? I had all the same apps on 5.1.1 as I did on 5.0.1 and it almost never crashed....

Apps were the same, phone is the same, only thing that has changed is the OS. Yes I do have the blobs but it is a lot of work to set up my phone the way I like it. Also, I do not like iOS 6 so that is why I stayed on 5.x.

joebuleee

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Really? Weird that you guys should say that....Maybe its 5.1.1 on the iPhone 4 in particular is by nature unstable? I had all the same apps on 5.1.1 as I did on 5.0.1 and it almost never crashed....

Apps were the same, phone is the same, only thing that has changed is the OS. Yes I do have the blobs but it is a lot of work to set up my phone the way I like it. Also, I do not like iOS 6 so that is why I stayed on 5.x.

Could be your apps causing the problem, as for most cydia apps are backwards compatible, but as for Apples app store you will find they will want you to upgrade to higher ios or it will either not work or keep bugging you to upgrade.

It seems to me apples products have a life of 5 to 6 years before they start to lose apps that will not function on the older ios systems. My original ipad has several that were deleted due to be outdated and unable to upgrade due to old operating system.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
5.1.1 with untethered jailbreak was as stable on iPhone 4 as it was on every other iDevice.

Remember, hundreds of thousands of us used 5.1.1 with an untethered jailbreak on iPhone 4 and 4S.

If your experience is different, it is your particular setup. To fix it, you need to do a clean restore to 5.1.1, set up as new, do not restore to backup.

That will give you a stable jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.