Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:18 PM   #1
fraggot
macrumors 6502

Thumbs down Post to social networks removed from notification center

I didn't realize it until a minute ago when I wanted to tweet something and couldn't find it in my notification center. I thought maybe it was disabled by default, so I checked and nothing.

Am I missing something? Is it gone for everyone or did it just move?
fraggot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:22 PM   #2
nas2344
macrumors member

good question, i don't see it either
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Mafro
macrumors member

The option to add those widgets appears to have been completely removed from the Notification Center options.
Mafro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:44 PM   #4
fraggot
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafro View Post
The option to add those widgets appears to have been completely removed from the Notification Center options.
And I really do hate that, I used it pretty much all the time to tweet. I barely even open the Twitter app unless someone mentions me.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Patriot24
macrumors 68020

My guess is that it simply came down to prioritization of space. They probably have some data that shows most users go to the actual apps to post updates rather than using the share sheet in iOS 6 Notification Center.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:47 PM   #6
fraggot
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot24 View Post
My guess is that it simply came down to prioritization of space. They probably have some data that shows most users go to the actual apps to post updates rather than using the share sheet in iOS 6 Notification Center.
I could see that being true, and it is still beta. They've removed and then re-added things based on feedback in the past. Panoramic mode popped up in an earlier version of iOS but wasn't really made available until iOS 6.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:50 PM   #7
erawsd
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot24 View Post
I think its lame that its gone. What occupies that space now is ~ 1" of (redundant) time/date/weather information. It really appears to be a case of form over function.
erawsd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:51 PM   #8
fraggot
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawsd View Post
I think its lame that its gone. What occupies that space now is ~ 1" of (redundant) time/date/weather information.
Personally I'd rather them take the GIGANTIC date out of notification center and the text weather information, I'd rather have some functionality out of it instead.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:53 PM   #9
blasto2236
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawsd View Post
I think its lame that its gone. What occupies that space now is ~ 1" of (redundant) time/date/weather information.
Exactly.

NC is where they really botched iOS 7, IMO. There's way too much text, for one thing. Also, I used to go out of my way to remove Calendar appointments from my NC, now it defaults to something I do not want.

Also: why the hell would they get rid of the Weather and stock widgets? What is the point of removing at-a-glance info and replacing it with a wall of text? Major fail here.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:55 PM   #10
fraggot
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasto2236 View Post
Exactly.

NC is where they really botched iOS 7, IMO. There's way too much text, for one thing. Also, I used to go out of my way to remove Calendar appointments from my NC, now it defaults to something I do not want.

Also: why the hell would they get rid of the Weather and stock widgets? What is the point of removing at-a-glance info and replacing it with a wall of text? Major fail here.
Couldn't agree more, they also made the text HUGE with all notifications. I used to be able to see 5-6 notifications now I'm luck if I can see two.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 05:07 PM   #11
Mafro
macrumors member

The stock widget is still there but off by default.
Mafro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Tags
ios7, iphone, notificationcenter, social