Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
widgets are missing (tap to tweet) etc...

and when do they usually start adding in all the features that will be seen in the regular version? Like around beta 3 or so?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
They probably didn't have time to include it in this beta. You have to remember, they did all of this in 7 months. That's pretty awesome!
I expect it to return over the beta period.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
They probably didn't have time to include it in this beta. You have to remember, they did all of this in 7 months. That's pretty awesome!
I expect it to return over the beta period.

i believe they've been working on it for a while

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I'm sure they had the features in mind anyway. Now that I think about it, all these changes would be hideous if forstall didn't leave. Ugh, imagine the control center with the skeumorphism ios

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
i believe they've been working on it for a while

I honestly believe Ive wiped the board clean and started from scratch. So even if there was a certain feature planned before he took over, it may or may not have made it in his version of iOS 7 because of all the work it would've required to make it look like the rest of the OS. That's one thing that iOS 7 does better than iOS6: consistent look across.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.