Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1
jwehman
macrumors newbie

Can't delete Apps that were stuck "downloading"

Last night I updated my iPhone 5 (CDMA) to iOS7. The backup was in iCloud and the restore went pretty much normally (left it overnight so in the morning all was restored.

Two apps didn't complete the download from restore: Angry Birds and Cupcake Chef (I know - daughter's games).

No matter what, they won't download completely or install.

When I go to the App Store, and go to the game (Angry Birds Seasons, for instance), rather than a button that says "free" or "install" or "open" is a pause button (I'm assuming since the App Store knows it was in the process of downloading).

Hitting that button does nothing...the pause button grays-out, but nothing more.

Anyway - long story short, I can't delete the app from the phone. Making the apps wiggly then hitting the "x" brings up a dialog box asking for to confirm or cancel, confirming does nothing. App stays there.

I've rebooted multiple times to the same affect.

Any clues?
jwehman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:02 PM   #2
ionjohn
macrumors 65816

how about a reset?
ionjohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7