Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
it goes to voicemail. then to a seperate folder called blocked and doesn't give you a notification.
not sure on the message or facetime yet.

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
It rings three times for the caller but it doesn't ring for the receiver of the call.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Okay, I don't have anyone to try it out on since all the annoying people don't text/call anymore lol

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I tested with iMessage and the other person sees it delivered, and you get nothing. When a person calls the phone rings and then goes to voicemail. It gives the person the impression that you are receiving contact and you're just ignoring them, so they think you are seeing them call or text. Instead of giving them the idea that their messages are not even coming through. It could be good or bad to block people without thinking they're blocked, so it's something to be aware of.

bollyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Manchester - UK
Don't suppose anyone tried it with blocked/withheld number.

I always get telesales ringing with blocked ID, I wonder if you can just block this from recent calls list and it will block all others thereafter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.