Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 11, 2013, 05:39 PM   #1
virginblue4
macrumors 65816

Initial impressions after using iOS 7

I've had iOS 7 installed in my iPhone 5 for around an hour now, and I most say.... I absolutely love it!

It's so clean and classy. I don't think you can cast an accurate opinion until you have used it yourself, the screenshots don't do it justice.

I'm glad to say I am extremely happy with the direction that Apple have taken with iOS and I look forward to the upcoming betas.

- A very happy iOS 7 beta user
virginblue4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:06 PM   #2
zhandri
macrumors regular

i think for the first beta it's very very good. of course there are a few things that need to get polished... but that'll happen sooner or later.
zhandri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:13 PM   #3
SirithX
macrumors 6502

If I recall correctly I don't remember iOS 5 and iOS 6 beta 1's to be so prone to crashes. It's not a surprise here since iOS 7 has revamped so much, but I feel like the last two major releases had much more stable beta 1's. Otherwise it's not bad and pretty usable as a day-to-day OS, as have been previous developer iOS betas in the past. I will say I also love the new direction iOS has gone with 7, a revamp of the UI was much needed and I love the design so far.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Luuthian
macrumors member

Same here, using an iPhone 5 with iOS7 and loving every second. More than stable enough to work day to day until the final release.

I think the jury is out on games since only so many seem to work correctly, but most important apps, such as Facebook, work just fine. I'm also impressed with the battery life. Feels no different from before even with all the GPU intensive UI features.

Definitely glad to be on board. This is is essentially everything iOS needed for the time being. Now they just need to fix the bugs and optimize.
Luuthian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 07:08 PM   #5
Rogifan
macrumors G3

So there's a difference of opinion when actually using the OS vs looking at a static photo of the home screen. Thought so.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 07:38 PM   #6
braddick
macrumors 68030

Could be more stable as the firmware on the iPhone5 is more so than previous models.

That's my theory.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 07:43 PM   #7
TheMBC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
Could be more stable as the firmware on the iPhone5 is more so than previous models.

That's my theory.
Agreed. I just loaded it on my iPhone 4 and I wouldn't classify it as stable enough for day to day use. Of course, it's Beta 1, so…
TheMBC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7