Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1
pedrofan
macrumors 6502

iOS 7 makes me Sick!

I have just installed iOS 7 beta 1 in my iPhone 4s and I don't really know why, but IT MAKES ME SICK!!

I think that it is a combination of the increasing number of animations, and the background moving all the time. There are al lot of reference points moving arround. I feel the same than when you travel on a boat.

The colors doesn't help too much, they are too bright and everything is white and ugly colorful and plain. I really don't like it at all.

I have made this image that represents what I feel:

I really hate the new color schemes, the animations, the 3x3 apps folders (3x3 really??), and the eye hurting ultra bright white menus.

For those who say that I'm not a designer... That's right, but I'm telling that this iOS version makes me feel bad.

To be a little bit positive, I love the new safari concept, with going back and forward pullers just like in desktop safari, the fullscreen mode, etc... But the white color scheme with those thin icons.. come on.... It is hard to see...
pedrofan is offline   14 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:13 PM   #2
bbfc
macrumors 68000

A bit dramatic!
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Will2145
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrofan View Post
I have just installed iOS 7 beta 1 in my iPhone 4s and I don't really know why, but IT MAKES ME SICK!!

I think that it is a combination of the increasing number of animations, and the background moving all the time. There are al lot of reference points moving arround. I feel the same than when you travel on a boat.

The colors doesn't help too much, they are too bright and everything is white and ugly colorful and plain. I really don't like it at all.

I really hate the new color schemes, the animations, the 3x3 apps folders (3x3 really??), and the eye hurting ultra bright white menus.

For those who say that I'm not a designer... That's right, but I'm telling that this iOS version makes me feel bad.

To be a little bit positive, I love the new safari concept, with going back and forward pullers just like in desktop safari, the fullscreen mode, etc... But the white color scheme with those thin icons.. come on.... It is hard to see...
Cool man coooool
Will2145 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:13 PM   #4
uiop.
macrumors 68000

The image really clears things up for me. I wouldn't have understood otherwise.
iPhone 5S
uiop. is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:17 PM   #5
gadget123
macrumors 65816

Join the club.

Seems many dont like the OS.
gadget123 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:17 PM   #6
SirithX
macrumors 6502

Haha, well done. If it helps you can remove the dynamic backgrounds and make them static in Settings.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:22 PM   #7
pedrofan
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirithX View Post
Haha, well done. If it helps you can remove the dynamic backgrounds and make them static in Settings.
No you can't. You can put non animated backgrounds, but although they are "still" images, they move when you move the iphone using the giroscope with a 3d effect. And I haven't found how to disable it. It is so annoying.
pedrofan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:23 PM   #8
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:

Yup, no ever reaction here. Perfectly reasonable, calm, and sensible reaction.

I can't see why anyone would think that might be just a tiny over reaction to something of such importance.

Yup...no problem here...

GET HELP!

Last edited by Shrink; Jun 11, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Shrink is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:25 PM   #9
SirithX
macrumors 6502

Quote:
No you can't. You can put non animated backgrounds, but although they are "still" images, they move when you move the iphone using the giroscope with a 3d effect. And I haven't found how to disable it. It is so annoying.
Oh you mean the parallax effect, I thought you were talking about the dynamic backgrounds. Someone mentioned it would be able to be turned off, even though it looks like it's not in the current beta. Till then you can always just use a solid color background.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:25 PM   #10
noobfromdk
macrumors newbie

then dont update if you dont like it. simple.
noobfromdk is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:25 PM   #11
falconeight

Wow! get a therapist.
falconeight is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:27 PM   #12
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfc View Post
A bit dramatic!
slightly.
I don't get these posts, if you don't like it, don't get it. Quite simple.
Primejimbo is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:30 PM   #13
falconeight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primejimbo View Post
slightly.
I don't get these posts, if you don't like it, don't get it. Quite simple.
Exactly! I hate android and therefore I don't buy android. I hate avocados therefore I don't eat them.
falconeight is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:31 PM   #14
virginblue4
macrumors 65816

I must say that I'm extremely happy with iOS 7 after installing the beta on my iPhone 5. It'a a beautiful OS and I believe that Apple are heading in the right direction!

iPhone 5S, gold, iOS 8b2
iPad mini with Retina display, silver, iOS 7.1.1
Late 2012 27" iMac - 3.4GHz i7, 1TB Fusion, 24GB RAM, 680MX 2GB
virginblue4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:33 PM   #15
ohio.emt
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to ohio.emt Send a message via MSN to ohio.emt Send a message via Yahoo to ohio.emt
Turn off motion

To turn off the motion or at least reduce it. At least I think it does of my use

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion
ohio.emt is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:36 PM   #16
joejoejoe
macrumors 65816

Quote:

thank you for being so clear with your bold words about how you FEEL

did you know that you could go into settings and then go to accessibility and then select reduce motion in order to calm down some of the effects and animations that make you feel so sick and bad?
joejoejoe is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:38 PM   #17
pedrofan
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio.emt View Post
To turn off the motion or at least reduce it. At least I think it does of my use

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion
Hey thanks!! It disables the motion backgrounds!
It still annoyying how it keeps all the time zooming in and out when you open folders and apps. It really makes me sick.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
thank you for being so clear with your bold words about how you FEEL

did you know that you could go into settings and then go to accessibility and then select reduce motion in order to calm down some of the effects and animations that make you feel so sick and bad?
Only some
pedrofan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:39 PM   #18
Yr Blues
macrumors 68000

It's a very flimsy look. Very freshman level graphic design.
Yr Blues is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:43 PM   #19
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobfromdk View Post
then dont update if you dont like it. simple.
The sad thing here is that all the new devices this fall will be released with this fisher price edition of iOS. Hopefully they will give us the open to turn things off.
jonnyb098 is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:47 PM   #20
pedrofan
macrumors 6502

Zooming when opening apps makes me nervous. It is slow and distracting. And makes me sick that I really want to throw up after some use.
pedrofan is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:48 PM   #21
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconeight View Post
Exactly! I hate android and therefore I don't buy android. I hate avocados therefore I don't eat them.
You don't like avocados!!! Oh the horror!! How dare you!!!

There are some things I like with this and some I don't, but until I get my hands on it I really can't say. I think people forget that if they get this or not, life goes on.
Primejimbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:48 PM   #22
Patriot24
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Zooming when opening apps makes me nervous. It is slow and distracting. And makes me sick that I really want to throw up after some use.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:48 PM   #23
gadget123
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb098 View Post
The sad thing here is that all the new devices this fall will be released with this fisher price edition of iOS. Hopefully they will give us the open to turn things off.
I was looking forward to the new slimmer ipad like the mini.

Now I will be keeping ipad 3. Mixed emotion.

I love new products but sometimes changes are bad.

Off topic but I'm also jumping from Xbox to PS4. MS one is another ugly gadget
gadget123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:55 PM   #24
batting1000
macrumors 601

batting1000 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 08:31 PM   #25
mavis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to mavis Send a message via MSN to mavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirithX View Post
Oh you mean the parallax effect, I thought you were talking about the dynamic backgrounds. Someone mentioned it would be able to be turned off, even though it looks like it's not in the current beta. Till then you can always just use a solid color background.
I hope it can be disabled. I don't mind it myself, but my wife is one of those people who gets sick (motion sickness?) when watching 3D movies or playing video games, like the OP is describing. It's not an overreaction, guys; some people are just really sensitive to that kind of visual effect. Drives me nuts TBH (my wife hates video games, which means no multiplayer deathmatches, etc) but it's not like she chooses to get physically ill when she sees my iOS7 springboard.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7