Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 11, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Nor*Cal
macrumors regular

Viewing All Day Events Within Notification Center?

With iOS7, I've noticed that my all day events no longer appear within notification center. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get them to appear again?

However, I can see them within the Calendar app.

Thank you!
Nor*Cal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 09:37 PM   #2
mainevent1536
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
With iOS7, I've noticed that my all day events no longer appear within notification center. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get them to appear again?

However, I can see them within the Calendar app.

Thank you!
In the NC, if you click on today and you have any events for the day, they will appear there. This also includes next day events.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Nor*Cal
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent1536 View Post
In the NC, if you click on today and you have any events for the day, they will appear there. This also includes next day events.
I've checked all three tabs and my all day events do not appear.
However, if they are scheduled for a certain time of day, they will appear. I'm quite confused by this.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 09:56 PM   #4
mainevent1536
macrumors newbie

Quote:
However, if they are scheduled for a certain time of day, they will appear. I'm quite confused by this.
Edit: I checked and not working for me either, might be a bug but would be interesting for anyone else to chime in.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:11 PM   #5
Nor*Cal
macrumors regular

Quote:
Here are my two settings screens:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent1536 View Post
Edit: I checked and not working for me either, might be a bug but would be interesting for anyone else to chime in.
Thanks for your help, glad to know I wasn't losing my mind!
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:48 PM   #6
bgro
macrumors 6502a

Not working for me either..definitely a bug
bgro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:08 PM   #7
Libertychris
macrumors newbie

Unhappy

Mine isn't working either.... Now on GM release, hope this gets sorted soon!!!
Libertychris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:11 PM   #8
Sodner
macrumors 68000

Wow still not working in the GM? I guess its not a bug then. It must be the way Apple thinks it should be. I for one would like to see my all day events in NC!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 04:12 PM   #9
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodner View Post
Wow still not working in the GM? I guess its not a bug then. It must be the way Apple thinks it should be. I for one would like to see my all day events in NC!
Yeah, seems like that's how it was designed for some reason. Doesn't really make much sense, but there it is. Or I guess could still be an obvious outstanding bug.

I guess closest thing you can do is set up an alert for the event and have that alert come up in the All part of Notification Center and use that as a reminder of sorts.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 07:13 AM   #10
Milo66
macrumors newbie

Here its not working either. Hope this gets solved or added because otherwise Calendar in NC is useless for me. I have many all day items and a must have for me.
Milo66 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 07:31 PM   #11
Melbieaz
macrumors newbie

This is really frustrating to me because half of my calendar items are all day events. Is there a better workaround for this, besides creating reminders?
Melbieaz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2013, 09:09 PM   #12
ironscabula
macrumors newbie

I submitted a bug report and enhancement request regarding the lack of all day events in the notification center. Maybe if we make enough noise they will fix this. Seems like a major oversight
ironscabula is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:02 PM   #13
bigspooon
macrumors newbie

Just want to throw in my dissatisfaction that all day events can't be viewed either. I've tried everything and can't get it to work.
bigspooon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:21 PM   #14
oneMadRssn
macrumors 65816

Overall I really dislike the new notification center.

I don't want to read what time tomorrow morning my event is. I don't want to read the weather in written text. I want the next five events from my calendar to display, regardless of what they are, and I want an icon for the weather, with a temperature. That's it.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:34 PM   #15
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneMadRssn View Post
Overall I really dislike the new notification center.

I don't want to read what time tomorrow morning my event is. I don't want to read the weather in written text. I want the next five events from my calendar to display, regardless of what they are, and I want an icon for the weather, with a temperature. That's it.
All of that has been already in use in the previous versions of iOS so it had to be changed for the sake of changing. /s
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:29 PM   #16
griffin99
macrumors newbie

Same problem...

Have just updated to iOS 7 and generally quite pleased but the lack of all day events showing in the notification centre is a big issue for me. What I don't understand is that the tomorrow summary will give notifications such as "there are 2 all-day events scheduled"! Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
griffin99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 04:42 AM   #17
Blindside
macrumors member

I landed here by googling this issue. That's complete idiotic.
I personally use all day events to do lists and reminders, so for me it is really idiotic. But to add injury to the insult, it shows this stupid text that tomorrow 3 all day events are scheduled. Well you stupid moron, instead of wasting space, tell me WHAT events are scheduled.

Being designed that way, notification center is useless. And why are they wasting so much space for the stupid whether being written?

Last edited by Blindside; Sep 19, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
Blindside is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:53 AM   #18
Canezmd
macrumors newbie

This is a huge fail. Not getting All day events in notification center makes it useless for me.

Honestly, I think the whole "today view" is terrible. Weather is poorly integrated, calendar integration sucks... it has stocks and the time, but that's not really much of a "today view".

The old notification center was way better.
Canezmd is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7