Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DianeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
I just installed ML on my iMac last week, coming from SL. Yesterday, I suddenly lost part of my desktop so there were random chunks of it that were just white (wish I had done a screenshot). Today, it didn't want to wake up. I clicked and clicked the mouse many times before it finally woke up and when it finally did, my desktop was all white except for the toolbar at the top - no wallpaper, no dock, no icons. Since I still had access via the toolbar to SysPref, I went in and changed my settings so the computer would never go to sleep but left my display to sleep at 20 minutes. I restarted the computer and my desktop came back fully restored. So, I think this is the end of the problem because I changed the setting to Never for sleep. But lo and behold, I left the computer for an hour and it went to sleep again (despite the Never setting), many mouse clicks to get it going again and once again the blank desktop on wake-up. I do another shutdown and restart and the desktop comes back.
Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on??
Diane

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.