Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
North Carolina
Looking for a good app to scan (or photograph), save and organize my collection of business cards. Preferably, one that can easily transfer this data between my iPhone, Ipad, and iMac,

In searching iTunes for such an app leads to a bewildering number of candidates. Your experience would be a great help.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I've always used CardMunch. Small company, bought by LinkedIn.

You take pics of your cards with the iphone and they are sent to a team of real people that transcribe the details into contact info. The contact info can be automatically added to your iphone contacts, which is what I do. Then I throw away the business cards.

Donson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
North Carolina
Business Card Collection

I seem to be leaning toward the Evernote "Hello". It is coordinated with my Evernote app. and, so far, is easy to use.
While I admit to having little knowledge and experience with "Hello", I will give this app a good try. It has a business card scanning feature that makes it easy to scan a card. It's OCR ability picks off the name, phone number, email address from the card, puts them in separate boxes, and also saves a picture of the card. You can also add other items such as notes.

The free version allows as many card scans as you want during the first 30 days, and 5 per month after that. You can purchase the Evernote and Hello combination with all benefits - if you want.

"CardMunch" looks promising also but I have not yet given it a fair trial.

Thank you for leading me to these apps.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I seem to be leaning toward the Evernote "Hello". It is coordinated with my Evernote app. and, so far, is easy to use.
While I admit to having little knowledge and experience with "Hello", I will give this app a good try. It has a business card scanning feature that makes it easy to scan a card. It's OCR ability picks off the name, phone number, email address from the card, puts them in separate boxes, and also saves a picture of the card. You can also add other items such as notes.

The free version allows as many card scans as you want during the first 30 days, and 5 per month after that. You can purchase the Evernote and Hello combination with all benefits - if you want.

"CardMunch" looks promising also but I have not yet given it a fair trial.

Thank you for leading me to these apps.

I created a notebook called contacts and use that one as the default for hello (go under settings to change it) that way they do not mix with my default notebook within evernote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.