Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Mrg02d
Banned

iOS 7 on iPhone 4S

Hey guys, thought I would start a thread for the 4s SPECIFICALLY. I dont have iOS7, but do have a 4S. Could everyone that cares to give feedback please post it here? Im sure many of us would like to know how its running on the 4S so far.

1)Smoothness
2)Animations/3D effects
3)Missing features

Matt
Mrg02d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:18 AM   #2
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

No missing features what I can tell. Some animations lag but thats to be expected in a beta. Main issue that needs to be addressed from what I can tell is lock screen artwork when playing music. Looks fine on the fine but really messed up on the 4S.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Mrg02d
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
No missing features what I can tell. Some animations lag but thats to be expected in a beta. Main issue that needs to be addressed from what I can tell is lock screen artwork when playing music. Looks fine on the fine but really messed up on the 4S.
How does the parallax effects perform? What areas are the parallax effects implemented? (Settings, mail, homescreens, ect.)
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:06 PM   #4
vmachiel
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
Only thing missing so far is airdrop
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:07 PM   #5
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmachiel View Post
Only thing missing so far is airdrop
4S doesn't support AirDrop. Only the devices with the latest WiFi hardware.
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:10 PM   #6
baller1308
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrg02d View Post
How does the parallax effects perform? What areas are the parallax effects implemented? (Settings, mail, homescreens, ect.)
I think it only works on the lock and home screens. It works, but I think it creates some lag. For now I turned it off.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:13 PM   #7
aiquoc
macrumors newbie

I installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S last night and I think I'm going to revert back to the latest iOS 6. It's very laggy...which obviously is expected but I really don't have time for that.

Apps freeze and close up...eBay for sure doesn't work. My simpsons game won't keep me logged in. When using instagram, the pics will often disappear and be replaced with a grey square.

Battery life is terrible draining very quickly and charging takes forever too. Font overlaps in areas that are very inconvenient and make titles unreadable. I'm going to wait for the next beta release to give it a try but so far the only reason I would keep this version is because of the slide up menu that allows you to toggle between wifi and/or bluetooth and also to adjust the brightness.
aiquoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Mrg02d
Banned

How many here installed iOS7 as an upgrade vs new device?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:29 PM   #9
BFG86
macrumors regular

I have ios 7 on the 4s and it works pretty good except for some animation issues to be expected. like the zooms don't always finish with some apps and there will be some of the background on the edge until it fixes.

Also the backgrounding doesn't really worked and I kind of liked the old app switcher better. Although this could really be more of an issue with apps that aren't coded to freeze their state and resume but when you see the preview of apps in the switcher most of them are worhtless because when you go to the app it has to reload either because there wasnt enough memory to hold the app in suspend or the app doesnt support it.
BFG86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Mrg02d
Banned

How about the camera? Does it keep the camera in memory now? I hate waiting for the camera to load (3seconds). How about settings? I use the camera, settings, and imessages quite alot. Id love for those to stick in memory for quick opening.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:49 PM   #11
Teeceman
macrumors newbie

By way of some balance, it must be noted that judging from posts around the net IOS 7 in its current beta 1 stage is also not perfect on the I5.
I would think if APPLE can't make IOS 7 run smooth on a dual core A5 cpu, even with 512MB Ram, then would be a poor show.

We still have a long way to go yet, with many betas to come
Teeceman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:54 PM   #12
bearda
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrg02d View Post
How about the camera? Does it keep the camera in memory now? I hate waiting for the camera to load (3seconds). How about settings? I use the camera, settings, and imessages quite alot. Id love for those to stick in memory for quick opening.
Load time for the camera on the 4S is a lot slower. A LOT slower. Trying to compare load times for a beta vs. released software is kind of silly, though.
bearda is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7