Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjc811wvfd73

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Okay, Sorry for this question, but based on past releases, when do you think the beta build will be out for iPad 3?

Thanks.

cjc811wvfd73

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I think on the past they have been released on the same date! But don't take my word for it, I could be wrong.

Well, I looked in the dev portal, and it says:

iOS 7 beta supports iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation). Support for iPad 2, iPad with Retina display, and iPad mini is coming later this summer..

When could that be that you know of??

Botts85

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2007
I think on the past they have been released on the same date! But don't take my word for it, I could be wrong.

I believe it was iOS 4 where the public launch of the OS was delayed on the iPad.

iOS 4 was June for iPhone/iPod Touch, and November for iPad.

cjc811wvfd73

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Since 4.2 and until now, iPad releases have always been at the same time.

Yeah I know, I beta tested 6.. Just want a second opinion on how long this might take.. I dont want to destroy my iPhone with bugs, so going to use iPad.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Well, I looked in the dev portal, and it says:

iOS 7 beta supports iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation). Support for iPad 2, iPad with Retina display, and iPad mini is coming later this summer..

When could that be that you know of??

On the WWDC 2013 they said we would expect the beta in a several weeks! My guess is sometime early next month.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I just think it's cruel that they haven't even seemed to give a glimpse of what it will look like on the iPad. I know that it's easy enough to use your imagination about it, but it seems crazy that they seemingly weren't even able to give it a brief thirty seconds or so in their iOS introduction video.

(I'm haven't missed anything, have I?)

I'm looking forward to the YouTube videos from developers the day it's finally launched.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.