Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turnpike

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
Is there a go-to place to find dependable, US based developers for a game (simple card game) that I want to make available on iPads and iMacs as an app or whatever it's called that would work on an iMac too. Everytime I post an ad somewhere, I get flooded with automatic replies. I'm looking for a US based (NYC area would be the best) person who is capable of making (and maintaining should there be issues) a reliable app.

Also, does anyone have a ballpark idea what a basic app costs to make....? I'm not nessesarily looking to sell it, at this point there are a few people very important to me that would enjoy it, so that's all I'm concerned with at this moment.

Thanks for any tips! :)

Kryckter

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Is there a go-to place to find dependable, US based developers for a game (simple card game) that I want to make available on iPads and iMacs as an app or whatever it's called that would work on an iMac too. Everytime I post an ad somewhere, I get flooded with automatic replies. I'm looking for a US based (NYC area would be the best) person who is capable of making (and maintaining should there be issues) a reliable app.

Also, does anyone have a ballpark idea what a basic app costs to make....? I'm not nessesarily looking to sell it, at this point there are a few people very important to me that would enjoy it, so that's all I'm concerned with at this moment.

Thanks for any tips! :)

Ive had good luck with Elance, both finding workers and posting for my development.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Find, goto and regularly attend any local mobile developer meetings, meetups, seminars, etc., you can find around your locale. Usually nothing beats talking face to face to find a consultant you can trust, or for referrals to one who might meet your needs.

Kryckter

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Find, goto and regularly attend any local mobile developer meetings, meetups, seminars, etc., you can find around your locale. Usually nothing beats talking face to face to find a consultant you can trust, or for referrals to one who might meet your needs.

I wish I lived in a a bigger city and could do this. Im in a smaller town and there is not many technology jobs around here...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.