Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
I own a black iphone 5, my questions are for the ones who installed ios 7 beta and actively using on ip5.

1. is ios7 a gain on battery life over ios6 since ios7 seems to run more services at the background than ios6. not to mention that ios 7 is fully multitasking.

2. how is the ui performance in comparison to ios6 ?

3. can i easily revert back to ios6 ?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I own a black iphone 5, my questions are for the ones who installed ios 7 beta and actively using on ip5.

1. is ios7 a gain on battery life over ios6 since ios7 seems to run more services at the background than ios6. not to mention that ios 7 is fully multitasking.

The first two are hard to answer because this is a beta and it will change with every new release. FWIW on my 4S the battery life has been significanty affected and it drains much quicker. The UI is glitchy in some places but overall it's usable.

3. You can downgrade. Search google for the answer.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011

1. I know it's a symptom of being first beta, but my battery life has been significantly affected. It drains abnormally fast, even with Background App Refresh and Automatic App Updates turned off. Normally my phone would last the entire day, and would be down to about 10-20% by the time I go to sleep. Well, it's only 3:00 here and I'm at work so very minimal phone usage... and my battery is at 25%. I haven't figured out what's causing the drain yet, as it seems to be inconsistent. [UPDATE] It drained to 23% just in the time it took me to write this post. Screen off, phone doing nothing.
  2. The UI is 100% awesome. I love it. Everything looks amazing and it's very sleek and intuitive. Very rarely I'll see a jitter here and there (like scrolling through the multitasking list, but even then it's only sometimes). Also, sometimes the 3D home screen effect may jitter a bit. I think that will be ironed out over the course of the beta releases though, so I'm not worried.
  3. I don't positively know the answer to this one, but I'm guessing yes based on some posts I've seen yesterday and today.

Cayennr

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
Skopje, Macedonia
For what it’s worth, I don’t see drastic changes to battery life compared to iOS 6, so I guess that’s different for every phone. I’m using iPhone 5.

Last edited:

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

It's the first beta so no.

Very good for the first beta. It will get better over time without a doubt.

Yes. Just shift (or option) + restore in iTunes and choose the 6.1.4/3 beta file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.