Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

david77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Has anyone run into the backup not working? It's not doing it automatically and when I try to do it manually, it just says the backup could not be completed. Using an i4S.

david77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Finally got the backup to work. I believe the culprit was the NFL app, which had a blue circle/character in front of the app name. I deleted it along with some other apps, but I believe it was the root of the issue.

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
The blue circle just means that its a new app.

My iCloud backup hasn't gone through yet. I don't know if its an iOS 7 issue, or whether I just don't have enough iCloud space.

rob25255

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
London
I have 2 iphone 5's both on iOS7.One will back up to icloud and the other wont. I tried deleting the whole back up and it now has nothing showing to back up under icloud not even camera roll. Just says icloud could not complete the back up. Tried exactly the same thing on other iphone to see if it makes any difference. After deleting the back up it carries on backing up both automatically and manually. Really at a loss as to what is causing this. They have same apps and settings etc and both can be backed up to iTunes but want them both backed up in the cloud too. Any advice would be so appreciated.

Thanks Rob

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
... I tried deleting the whole back up and it now has nothing showing to back up under icloud not even camera roll. Just says icloud could not complete the back up. Tried exactly the same thing on other iphone to see if it makes any difference. After deleting the back up it carries on backing up both automatically and manually. ...

Hm. I don't think I want to delete the iOS 6 backup I have as I would want it in case something goes wrong. If I can't get it to work in the next few days, then maybe I'll just try to backup to iTunes.

david77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
The blue circle just means that its a new app.

My iCloud backup hasn't gone through yet. I don't know if its an iOS 7 issue, or whether I just don't have enough iCloud space.

No, not a new app nor had it been updated. Maybe a corrupted character.

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
I haven't been able to back up to iCloud yet on iOS 7. I'm just backing up to iTunes instead.

rob25255

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
London
iCloud back up

I really don't get it...one of my iPhone 5's backs up no problem the other doesn't. Tried deleting back up and when managing storage I get this picture that doesn't change and have no chance of backing it up to iCloud. I can cope with all the expected beta issues as long as I can back it up. Thankfully it does mostly back up to iTunes. Just really surprised that there seems to be so few people having these issues on the dev forum site.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    72 KB · Views: 150
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.