Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jun 12, 2013, 06:54 PM   #1
waffles123
macrumors regular

Read data from serial ports via Tcl/Tk

I am having trouble with a tcl/tk program that works flawlessly on windows, but has trouble reading data via usb from a device when the tcl/tk program runs on a mac.

The device is supposed to send two integers to the computer every second, but the software cannot seem to recognize the device when connected to the usb.

When the tcl/tk program tries to open the file path to the usb device, I get an error that the program "cannot find a channel named /dev/tty.usb-serial-####".

The usb device shows up in /dev in terminal, and I am able to receive some data via the screen command, but I have been stuck at this point, and have unable to find a way to even open a stream to the device, let alone read it.

Any suggestions on how to get the tcl/tk program to read data from a serial port? (I've seen conflicting arguments on the internet saying it is and it is not supported)
waffles123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming