Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 13, 2013, 04:55 AM   #1
jay-a-a
macrumors newbie

Weather missing from notifications

For some reason I dont have any weather information in the new notification centre. If i go into settings>notification centre i cant even see an option in there for the weather app.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to whats happening?
jay-a-a is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2013, 04:59 AM   #2
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816

While I don't have iOS7, I read in a previous post you had to turn location services on for weather to get it to appear in Notification Center.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 05:01 AM   #3
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post
While I don't have iOS7, I read in a previous post you had to turn location services on for weather to get it to appear in Notification Center.
correct. that and also i think its in the "today view" section of the notifications menu. make sure its selected there too.
Apple TV 3rd Generation, Apple AirPort Express 2nd Generation
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2013, 05:02 AM   #4
jay-a-a
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Perfect. Thanks
jay-a-a is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 04:29 PM   #5
nikicampos
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Perfect answer, I was also missing the info from Notification Center/Today.

Thanks.
nikicampos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:48 PM   #6
rmul86
macrumors 6502

Weather and stocks refuse to show up in notification center and Today View...What am I missing here.
rmul86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:51 PM   #7
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmul86 View Post
Weather and stocks refuse to show up in notification center and Today View...What am I missing here.
Make sure Weather is turned on under Location Services settings (Settings --> Privacy --> Location Services --> Weather, ON).

In Settings, go to Notification Center, then make sure Today Summary and Stocks are switched to on.

If you're still not seeing anything, restart your phone.
Tyler23 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:52 PM   #8
sportsfrk214
macrumors 6502

Same. I'm on an iPad and it won't show up. I've followed everyone elses suggestions already.
sportsfrk214 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:56 PM   #9
kobyh15
macrumors 6502a

I cannot get the weather to show up in notification center for the life of me. I've toggled weather location services on and off. Restarted the phone multiple times. I also did a hard reset a couple times. If I toggle the location services on and off the weather sentence shows up for a blink of an eye and then disappears. Any ideas?
kobyh15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:57 PM   #10
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfrk214 View Post
Same. I'm on an iPad and it won't show up. I've followed everyone elses suggestions already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobyh15 View Post
I cannot get the weather to show up in notification center for the life of me. I've toggled weather location services on and off. Restarted the phone multiple times. I also did a hard reset a couple times. If I toggle the location services on and off the weather sentence shows up for a blink of an eye and then disappears. Any ideas?
Just to make sure this is not the issue - you guys know that there is no image for weather, correct? It is only a brief description in words that will show up under the date in notification center.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:01 PM   #11
sportsfrk214
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
Just to make sure this is not the issue - you guys know that there is no image for weather, correct? It is only a brief description in words that will show up under the date in notification center.
Yep I'm sure that's not the issue. I'm having the same experience as kobyh15. After restarting my iPad, I pull down the notification center. The sentence flashes there for a second and then disappears, and then nothing other than restarting brings it back again, at which point it does the same disappearing act. Seems to be a bug.
sportsfrk214 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:06 PM   #12
kobyh15
macrumors 6502a

Finally showed up. I don't know why it took so long for it to be there but it's there now. Maybe just took a while for all the location services to get up to date. Who knows? Those that have similar experiences as me just leave the device on for awhile and keep checking.
kobyh15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:49 PM   #13
blackjackmark
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfrk214 View Post
Yep I'm sure that's not the issue. I'm having the same experience as kobyh15. After restarting my iPad, I pull down the notification center. The sentence flashes there for a second and then disappears, and then nothing other than restarting brings it back again, at which point it does the same disappearing act. Seems to be a bug.
Same here for me...iPhone 5
blackjackmark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:59 PM   #14
goosey
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobyh15 View Post
Same exact issue, iPhone 5...location services for wx on, restarted several times. Occasionally shows up for split second then disappears. What can we do to fix this?
goosey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:01 PM   #15
shiftless
macrumors member

Phone restart did the trick for me.
shiftless is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:02 PM   #16
Guy Mancuso
macrumors 6502a

IPad mini no problem. iPhone 5 it flashes right now. I expect it will fix itself
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:47 PM   #17
Twitchly
macrumors newbie

No weather for me, either. iPhone 5. Turned on location services, toggled weather to yes (did this for lots of other apps, too). Rebooted phone. Nada. I can get stock prices (don't want them) but not weather. In the Notifications Center, I get this:

Today tab: calendar only (I turned off stocks)
All tab: nothing
Missed tab: nothing
Twitchly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:52 PM   #18
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchly View Post
No weather for me, either. iPhone 5. Turned on location services, toggled weather to yes (did this for lots of other apps, too). Rebooted phone. Nada. I can get stock prices (don't want them) but not weather. In the Notifications Center, I get this:

Today tab: calendar only (I turned off stocks)
All tab: nothing
Missed tab: nothing
All and missed tabs will just be app notifications you receieve.

For weather, it seems to be taking some time for certain users, from a few hours up to a day. Give it some time to see if Weather pops up.

Trying opening your Weather app, and let it sit on the page for local weather (with the arrow next to it). That seems to knock everything into gear for some people.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:00 PM   #19
Twitchly
macrumors newbie

It does appear to be a time issue, as you point out. Weather is now showing up. Took about a day.
Twitchly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7