Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
Has anyone been able to successfully sync your iCloud, contacts & calendars with any Andriod or windows 8 phone?

I know the easy answer is get a gmail account or windows live. But for to many reasons to list I want to keep my iCloud account but want to use either a windows or Andriod device.

If anyone knows how please post. I know on blackberry 10 users can sync iCloud contacts and was able to sync calendars as well but now users are stating calendars are no longer syncing on blackberry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Internaut

macrumors 65816
Has anyone been able to successfully sync your iCloud, contacts & calendars with any Andriod or windows 8 phone?

I know the easy answer is get a gmail account or windows live. But for to many reasons to list I want to keep my iCloud account but want to use either a windows or Andriod device.

If anyone knows how please post. I know on blackberry 10 users can sync iCloud contacts and was able to sync calendars as well but now users are stating calendars are no longer syncing on blackberry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you manage to sync iCloud on a none Apple device, it will be in spite of, not because of, Apple's best endeavours. This is why I use Outlook.com, which will sync with just about every device, without fuss. My iPad Mini syncs with Outlook.com every bit as well as it syncs with iCloud. Google can also be useful, but may present problems with syncing from Windows Phone.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
If you manage to sync iCloud on a none Apple device, it will be in spite of, not because of, Apple's best endeavours. This is why I use Outlook.com, which will sync with just about every device, without fuss. My iPad Mini syncs with Outlook.com every bit as well as it syncs with iCloud. Google can also be useful, but may present problems with syncing from Windows Phone.
I use Google and Dropbox.....syncs everything and is cross platform....
Google syncs all my Calendar, contacts...works for Apple Android and Windows.
Dropbox works for all my photos and documents and all other data i want to put in the cloud.....
Signed into Dropbox from my new Galaxy S4 and got an extra 48Gb of space

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.